Thread: PMS related depression

PMS related depression

How serious does PMS get before it may be something more? Is it normal to feel empty, hopeless, unloved, and purposeless for 2 weeks out of every month? I get so low I cry, get angry, and give up on everything. At these lows, death is a comfort to think about. Its effecting my friendships, no one wants a friend who is so unhappy for a half of each month, no matter how normal and pleasant I am the rest of the time. Even while this is going on, I know what it is, so I should be comforted knowing that it will soon pass. But at the end of every "down" episode comes several days of debilitating cramps that keep me in bed for at least a day, usually more. Its an ugly end to a bad episode. Then I go back to being quite happy and content, and I finally almost forget about that badness, then it starts all over. Does anyone else have it this bad? Any suggestions? (BTW, today is a good day).

Hi,
    Sorry to hear your having such a hard time. I have heard that you can take tablets to calm PMS. Maybe you could talk it through with your doctor and see what he can offer you.
    I do get PMS and it makes my anxiety much worse but not on the scale you have talked about. I found that i was watching for the build up and this made it much worse, i kept myself busy this month and it was a little better.
    I also heard that exercise can help with PMS.
    Hope you get some help for this soon
    Take care
    poppy

Hi

I was reffered to a gynacologist for bad PMS. My pattern was 7 -10 days AFTER my period. I thought PMS only came before but she said it differs in people. I had horrendous mood swings, constantly crying, heightened anxiety, self harm increased, flare up at anything, felt awful and on edge ready to attack at whoever got in my way and extremely suicidal. Everything would revolve round my periods.

She recommended I go on the mini-pill (Cerazette) and I have been on this for about 4 months now and all symptoms have gone. I tried various normal contraceptive pills but they all made matters worse.

Visit your doctor and tell him exactly how you feel.

Take care for now

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Thread Information