Thread: Tension Headaches??

Tension Headaches??

Hi Guys

I,m still not feeling the best i have been getting quite alot of headaches i am hoping if i describe them here you guys can help me figure out if it is tension?

My back and my shoulders are very tense all the time my back aches constantly and i know its muscular because it pulls when i move or twist

My headaches do feel like they come up from my back and shoulders all the back of my neck aches and my ears weirdly ache as well i woke up with the most awful headache this morning and all i could think about was going to hospital by ambulance having a series of tests and being told i have a brain tumour thats the senario i always have when i am feeling anxious not always brain tumour though all kinds of life threatening diseases

it feels like pressure going over my head like a headband that little girls wear? its the only way i can describe it my eyes feel strained also please tell me you have had this too?

Thanks guys

Re: Tension Headaches??

I suffer really badly from tension headaches and from the symptoms you describe they sound almost identical to mine......mine start at the back of the head like a dull heavy achey feeling....it then progresses to the sides and becomes almost pressure like as if someones got my head in a vice its really debilitating and they can last a full week.......i also have osteoporis in my neck which doesnt help....the physio gave me some great neck exercises to do daily to stop the tension building in my neck and shoulders muscles and it does help... she also said that tension in these areas is a major cause of these headaches...and pointed out that poor posture and sitting on the laptop doesnt help lol!!!!!Maybe you could get someone to give you a massage and see if that helps??...x

Hi Clairabella

Thanks for your reply

That is exactly how mine feel so i am guessing it is tension then?

I went today to have some reflexology and she gave me some neck and shoulder exercises that i will deffo try hopefully i will get some relief

Thanks again

No problem at all.....it does sound like tension i would definatley do the exercises and see how you get on with them..they have really helped me..i wasnt getting any releif from pain killers they dont seem to have much effect on tension headaches...so its good to have found something that helps.The physio also adviced me to get a warm not hot wheat bag(the ones you put in the microwave)and put it on my neck for 10 min when it gets really bad.Another tip is to watch your posture when your sitting watching tv etc fold a cushion in half and put it in the small of your back...it works wonders by correcting your posture.Hope your headches improve....mine havnt gone completly but doing these things has helped a lot...see if it works for you....xx

Hi Clairabella

Thanks again

the lady did tell me today to use a hot towel on my shoulders if my headaches get really bad and you are right they deffo do stop you in your tracks and the pressure is very scary makes you feel like your head is going to pop i will deffo try everything i have been told

Thanks again

Why don't you try Reiki, I am having my 3rd sessions tomorrow its as defo helped with my tensions headaches and Panic Attacks, would defo recommend it x

Thread Information