Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tiny red dots on skin

Re: Tiny red dots on skin

Typer,
    For me, yes both parents died of cancer. And so that is my biggest fear, then heart disease as my dad had a heart attack, but was ok.
    I have to constantly remind myself of the studies that genetics is a smaller role than previously thought of in disease. And my parents smoked a lot, ate HORRIBLE, full of anger, bitterness, etc. I don't smoke, eat healthy variety foods, and am facing the emotional issues that CBT has helped me understand is a learned behavior that as a child I couldn't have understood it as being wrong. After all parents are suppose to be the truth exemplified. But now I know, and it is a process to change that thinking.

I have little red spots on me,I went to the doc's,thinking something bad,but turned out to be flea bites.I felt stupid and embarressed,mainly because I paid $65 for nothing.Don't stress about them.
    Rhonda x

Quote Originally Posted by daybyday View Post
    Typer,
    For me, yes both parents died of cancer. And so that is my biggest fear, then heart disease as my dad had a heart attack, but was ok.
    I have to constantly remind myself of the studies that genetics is a smaller role than previously thought of in disease. And my parents smoked a lot, ate HORRIBLE, full of anger, bitterness, etc. I don't smoke, eat healthy variety foods, and am facing the emotional issues that CBT has helped me understand is a learned behavior that as a child I couldn't have understood it as being wrong. After all parents are suppose to be the truth exemplified. But now I know, and it is a process to change that thinking.

yes it is a process, and we have set backs during that process. I can totally understand your fear from your background. Hope you feel a little more at ease today. Take care

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

hi,
    the tiny red dots/spots that you are refering too are called CAMPBELL DE MORGAN SPOTS - i think that is how it is spelt-nothing to do with cancer or blood platelets-they are perfectly harmless & mainly affect the trunk but can come in other areas - i have had them for years-read up on them & it will put your mind at ease - good luck

Hi there,
    I had a TON (at least 50+) tiny red spots on my stomach that my doctor told me were not a medical problem - but which could be removed for cosmetic reasons with a laser. I made an appointment at a laser clinic; it cost $150 for 10 minutes of treatment. Each spot was pinpointed with the laser, zapped, and within two weeks, all the spots were all gone. Very, very nice - and I would highly recommend this to anyone like me whose vanity is bothered by tiny red spots!!

The red dots could be Keratosis Pilaris which is very common, I have this.

Sometimes I get a patch of these when I've scratched my skin so the blood cones to the surface.
    I've got a different type of red spot which I get mainly on my tummy which I always was told by someone was a new mole forming? I'm not sure about the validity of that but have had them appear randomly for years and am still here.
    I've no idea what petache is and don't want to but I'm almost certain you don't have them.

Was browsing through... This article on Red spots on skin may be handy.

Red spots on skin can also be caused by something as simple as scratching. Scratching skin can cause extravasations, where damage to the capillaries causes blood to leak into the skin, creating red spots on skin.

Red spots on skin may also be nothing more than a simple reaction to a bug bite, as bites from mosquitoes, chiggers, and bed bugs can cause red, itchy spots to appear on skin.

If you have a fair complexion and you’re under 40, you may have noticed that you get red spots on your skin frequently. Again, this is nothing to be concerned about; they may simply be superficial blood vessels that haven’t been reabsorbed into the skin. Typically, these red spots on skin will fade after several days, taking on an orange tinge as they do. If the red spots persist, contact your doctor or a dermatologist.

Hi! I have these too. This is actually what sparked my health anxiety. They are cherry anginomas. Rest easy everything is fine!

I was terrified about this a few months back. I was convinced these tiny red marks on my skin were petichiae from leukemia. I went tot he doctor and had blood tests done, which all came back fine. When I asked him about them he wasn't worried in the slightest, and told me that they're just marks you get on your skin. Petichiae would be a very obvious, nasty rash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information