Thread: Red dots on skin...again

Red dots on skin...again

Hi everyone,
    Hope you are all okay and have had a nice weekend.
    A few months ago, I posted to say that pretty much overnight a lot of red dots, looking like specks of dust, had suddenly appeared on the top of my arms. I initially thought they were petechaie, so took myself off to doc, but he said he thought they were Campbell de Morgan spots/cherry angiomas.

That diagnosis should have been reassuring, as C de M spots are very common, esp as we age. However, I have read COUNTLESS sites talking about how a sudden outbreak of these spots can indicate an underlying malignancy. Mine were most def a sudden outbreak and I have been getting more and more since March (tops of arms, spreading to forearms, stomach, tops of thighs and even one on my finger) and would guess I've prob got a few hundred now.

Got doc to send me for bloods and had a normal full blood count, liver function tests and ESR (looks for inflammation I think?). So, if everything I read says a sudden outbreak indicates cancer, then can my normal FBC, LFT and ESR reassure me it'snot cancer? And if so, what the heck is going on for them all to appear so suddenly?

Thanks for reading that ramble guys

J xx

Re: Red dots on skin...again

Did anything ever come of this? Going through this now. I also thought petechaie, but went to the doc who said they were tiny cherry angiomas, which are common as we age. I noticed a ton at once though, which has me worried because of the link to internal malignancy. But it seems like a lot of people on here tend to notice a whole bunch at once. Trying not to inspect myself too closely, but it's tough!

Quote Originally Posted by Bgood View Post
    Did anything ever come of this?
    This was originally posted in 2010. The OP was last on a year ago. Suffice it to say it was harmless and the OP survived

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks, @fishmanpa. Time to trust what the doc says

Quote Originally Posted by Bgood View Post
    Thanks, @fishmanpa. Time to trust what the doc says
    Exactly!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

For what it's worth, I have maybe 30 show up in the space of about two weeks, my shoulders and upper arms. That was a year or more ago and I am still alive, and as far as I know, not even sick. =)

Thread Information