Thread: tired all the time

tired all the time

Hi guys
    just wondering,for the last few weeks i have been feeling really tired once i even started to doze at work.
    I've also been geting chest pains and sickness, the doc says he cant sort these problems out until this bad spell has gone.
    my friend said if you pull your eye lid down it should be red, ive noticed mine isnt she said that is a sign of anemia. feel dizzy with it as well.
    does anyone else have this prob.
    take care
    susie

suzie, anxiety does cause all of your symptoms but so does anemia, and your friend is right if the red in your eye is more white [does that make sense ] then this is a sign of anemia. are you breathless at all? if you look at your nails are they more white, if you push in your fingernails does it take them longer to turn a rpink colour. if that is so then it could well be anemia, iron tablets will rectify this. im not sure i make sense but a simple blood test will confirm anemia.

bear in mind that womens iron levels are usually lower than men, so even if your just borderline anemic they may tell you it is fine, insist on iron tablts anyway just to raise your levels because of the way you are feeling.

sorry its long

jackie

My anxiety makes me feel exactly the way you describe but being anaemic can cause similar symptoms. It would definitely be worth getting your GP to do a simple blood test which will either result in you needing some Iron tablets or reassuring you that it is nothing serious and is anxiety playing you up.

i hope you feel better soon.

Annie x

Hi Jackie and Annie
    thankyou for your reply im going to docs next tuesday, yes jackie i do get breathless. Today i feel really tired dont know whyas im going to bed earlier.
    thanks alot guys
    susie

dont panic if it is not anemia as the anxiety does this too. also even though i am not anemic at the minute sometimes i just take the iron tablts for a few weeks as i no they call borderline normal

Thread Information