Thread: Advise please...

Advise please...

On 120mg daily propanolol for anxiety, having a bad attack at moment, will it harm me to take another, taking my daily dose to 160mg???
    Just to help me calm down

Re: Advise please...

Hi there. I take propranolol also..80mg slow release capsule once a day. Sometimes taking the other type creates peaks just after taking one, and dips after the effect wears off, then another peak when the next is taken. The slow release capsules are better I think as they give a steady release of medication over 24hrs, so it might be worth asking your doctor about this. For now though none of us can really tell you to take more of something, that would be irresponsible of us to do that I think, but I would say call either an out of hours doctor or the NHS direct number and ask them if you can take more.

Sorry that you've got alot of anx at the moment but remember it is just that..anxiety and cannot harm you, uncomfortable though it is. Take a few deep breaths...slowly in on the count of 6 and out on the count of 8..it might just help. Stay online if you can too and talk to us...you'll be ok.

Anna xx

Re: Advise please...

im new to all this, and have just been put on the same medication, but straight away im thinking about coming off them, as im just get to relaxed and tired, did you feel this way when you started taking them?

Thread Information