Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could the pill be making me worse??

Re: Could the pill be making me worse??

oh god - i am about to take cerazette! i have been on the combined pill for years - it keeps my skin clear but i am a very headachey person and when i take a break from it - my skin breaks out but i feel tons better within myself. i was going to come off it alltogether but my gp suggested the mini pill but i might not bother! don't want to feel worse lol! xx

Dont let it put u off joannap... iv been on this for 5 years and been completely fine up until a few months ago... so i just wondered if it could have an affect on anxiety cos anxiety increased alot in last 6 months too.... many people on this are absolutly fine!! So dont let it put you off x

Hi Fairyclairy,

Interesting thread. I have been on Cerazette for 4 and a haf years and have recently been having similar symptoms to you including spotting (was completely period free for a long time), sore boobs, skin problems, what feels like stomach cramps but which are actually in my back as well as chronic thrush (had it on and off for nearly 10 months now).

I asked the practice nurse if there could be a connection last time I saw her but she wasn't very helpful and I basically took the decision to carry on taking Cerazette as I didn't want to go back to how I was before with PMS, painful periods etc.

My doctor is currently investigating the thrush and it is looking like I will need a long term course of treatment to get rid of it. I have to see her again in a month's time so reading your post makes me thnk I should perhaps bring this up again next time I see her.

I have to say that I took the pill for around 6 months only after my second one and it made a right mess of my hormones and cycle and I was so emotional as never before. Never took them since.

I was on Cerazette and stopped taking it 4 months ago because i wanted to start trying for a baby, but ive been very hormonal crying and stuff, this is why i started having panic attacks again i think, because im not used to having periods and the hormons are all over the place.

Just been to doctors to talk about this.... wasnt very helpful!

She said the pains and discomfort im getting are normal because we still ovulate with this pill.. so my stomach and back aches are normal.

She said it sometimes can change its pattern and bring on symptoms/spotting/irregularity etc for no reason..... so decision we made was to stick with it!

Cant be put on the others because i suffer migranes and id worry if i had the injection because if i had side effects, they would last 3 months until it wore off!

Pretty pointless going to see her really lol but nevermind..... i do still there theres a link between this and my anxiety! She told me to right down when i spot, get pains, more anxious etc and see if theres a visible link x

hi - i am not being overly influenced by posts on here but i am not going to take the mini pill. when i went for my pill check i told the gp that i had come off the combined pill last year for 6 months and felt so much better within myself generally and had far less headaches - i only went back on it because my skin broke out something terrible and it was her that suggested the mini pill and i was a bit thrown to be honest because my intention was to come off all together. i am also weaning myself off my citalopram so think it unwise to start something else that may affect me and then i won't know if its the pill or withdrawal! x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information