Thread: Anxious about everything...

Anxious about everything...

I haven't posted here for a while as my anxiety seems to comes and go. WHen things are good I can't believe I ever felt as bad as I did but when things are bad it seems like there's no end to it all.

I don't take medication and can generally let panic attacks pass but more recently I am always on edge. It feels like I am scared of everything and it seems ridiculous. I am sure that some of my fears and anxieties make me seem crazy. can anyone relate??

I get very anxious when one of the kids or me get even vaguely ill and automatically assume the worst. Every tiny sound that I hear gets blown out of all proportion and I make illogical connections - I hear a rumbling at night (could be a car/plane/engine, etc) but striaght away it's something terrible like the end of the world. I'm scared of taking tablets, drinking alcohol. I'm scared of going crazy, thunder storms (or any weather, too hot, too much snow, heavy rain), I'm scared of flying, of the world ending (LHC,2011, etc), Space and the moon freak me out in fact everything totally scares me when others don't seem to be in the slightest bit bothered. None of these things stop me doing things - I work as a teacher and live a 'normal' life and I doubt anyone would ever guess how I think and feel but I am always slightly on edge and get lots of physical symptoms of my anxiety. So all of these worries make me worry that I am going crazy as noone else seems to suffer in the same way.

I wonder if CBT would help. Anyone with any similar experiences?

Thanks
    Tomimo x

Re: Anxious about everything...

Hey Tomimo,
    You just described me (apart from the end of the world thing!). I too live normally as far as anyone else can see. Have my own business etc. although in the past I have been agoraphobic but I still went to work. I can certainly relate. There are millions of people like us Tomimo! Just being on here will show you that! Look at the Health Anxiety forum: the most visitors every day!
    You are not going crazy! Believe me! Or if you are then at least you are in good company!!!!!! Just kidding! You see? A humourous agoraphobic who understands...

I quite agree with you and i too faced same problems a year ago and i advise you to interact with your colleagues, so this way you will be empowered with the latest happenings around you. The more you get involved with people around, its sure that you will be courageous.

Good luck1

going through exactly the same, you have just described me, I have just started cbt but iv only had 2 sessions so far but ill keep you updated as to whether it helps-but surely its worth a try. If something doesnt work for one person doesnt mean it wont work for another.

Thread Information