Thread: Ladies please - 3 week period :(

Unhappy Ladies please - 3 week period :(

Hi ladies. I'm getting really worried as I have had a kind of period for nearly 3 weeks. I take the contraceptive pill Cerezette and have been fir about 9 months. My periods stopped and I've had a few occasions of spotting or light period but nothing that has gone on this long. It has started and stopped over the last few weeks, very light brown discharge or thicker brown discharge sometimes red blood, sometimes nothing! What's happening to me??
    Has anyone else experienced anything like this?? :(

Re: Ladies please - 3 week period :(

I have had many things like that. Oddly enough I am also on Cerazette. I once had one that lasted over a month non-stop. Sometimes it varies and starts, stops, spots. It's quite annoying. I did speak to my doctor about it and she said it would settle... and it has.

I think on that pill you just never know what you might get. It is well known for causing irregular bleeding.

I would go see your practice nurse or GP for advice.

Hi,

I have been taking this pill for the past couple of months. My dr did say that you will experience spotting, she kept saying that. hmmm. I seem to be spotting most of the time. hmm. In the morning could be fine, but the afternoon could be a different story.

Sorry I can't answer your question CJA09, hugs. xx.

Mumble - how long have you been on this pill and how long did it take to settle down??.

Hi,

Iv been on this pill for 5 years now... i had quite normal periods for the first couple of years, they were alittle shorted than usual and sometimes werent right on cycle, but were ok..... Over the last year or so, and definitly in the last 6 months, i have had adsense periods for 2-3 months, then il spot/dark brown blood for abit, then il have a normal period.... the last normal period i had, i came off.. and then had the brown blood for a few days, then stopped, then happened again.... its very strange!
    Iv also had the stomach discomfort and like a dragging feeling...
    Although its annoying, im sure its quite normal! This pill is well known for irregular periods/spotting etc so i wouldnt worry. However, if u wanted to put your mind at rest, make a docs app x

Thank you so much everyone for your replies! It's reasurring to know that others have had similar experiences! If it doesn't settle I will take your advice and see my gp!
    Thanks again ladies x

Thread Information