Thread: Freaking out & scared over hairdressers tomorrow...

Freaking out & scared over hairdressers tomorrow...

I've got an audition for uni on tuesday [I'm doing theatre & performance] so I've bit the bullet & made an appointment for the hairdressers tomorrow for a cut & colour :/
    I've had my hair coloured blonde LOADS of times since 2004 & never had a reaction [maybe abit of scalp irritation & itching, but never anything major] but now I'm absolutely petrified! I've worked myself up into a right state.
    I've been googling hair dye reactions & been almost close to tears! It never used to bother me before my anxiety kicked in, I'd even dyed my hair myself!! Could NEVER do that now... :(

Loads of situations have been running through my brain now...dying in the hairdressers, being rushed to hospital with a swollen head...all sorts...& I've got stuff I'm looking forward to coming up for the weekend & I don't want anything to be ruined & everything always ends up ruined for me...

Should I just cancel the appointment & leave my hair the mess it is :(

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

Re: Freaking out & scared over hairdressers tomorrow...

Nope............i think you ought to stop googling, go get your hair done and look a million dollars.

You said yourself you've never had a reaction, so why would you now.

Best of luck in your audition

di x

The hairdressers should have done a skin test on you before they dye your hair. They put a small piece of the dye behind your ear and you have to leave it there for 24 hours before they can actually dye your hair. They are not allowed to dye your hair without first doing this test. I'm having the same done at my hairdressers the next time I go and she said that she must do this test even though I have had my hair dyed in the past.
    Maybe you should ask the hairdresser this first before you actually have your hair dyed.

All the best
    Jannie

just think how good you will feel when youve had it done. ive had the same ive worked myself up, what if i couldnt get out of the salon? what if they cut me? i suffer with anticipatory anxiety so i know how you feel leading up to a task that you have to do because of an appointment slot etc. you will be fine just keep thinking of your auditions and how good you aregoing to feel with your new blonde hair
    much lovex

Aw thanks guys. I really want to have it done because my hair is a mess, that way it's making me feel horrible [more than usual].
    My roots have come through & the blonde has faded badly :( I know it sounds vain but it always makes me feel better & the way I feel, I need everything to make me feel abit better.

The hairdressers I go to have never done a patch test on me, they just dye my hair. They do ask me if I've ever had a reaction before & to tell them if it feels uncomfortable when they're doing it but that's it. I have done patch tests before though & they've been fine. But I've read that some people have had a reaction even though they've done the test :(

Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow...I hope so anyway :/

Oh & anticipatory anxiety? OMG, I didn't know that exsisted, I've just looked it up & it's me all over! ANY EVENT & I'm worrying about it constantly until it happens...wow, there's actually a name for it!

Hi like you was due for hair dye (yesterday) spent 2 days worrying about reactions etc .
    Well had it done and i was fine .

Go and get it done you will look Fab

Take Care Maggiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi.. i just wanna say.. i know what your going through 87sal87. i used to love getting my hair done before i got worse with my problems. then in feb, day before my birthday party i went to have it done. they used effisol?..to lighten my hair a bit...it went wrong... i had a reaction. then colour scould only stay on to mins and was taken off leaving me with bright orangey hair!! i used to be a blonde! ...and i am getting my hair done tomorrow! back to blonde...the real me!... lol..youll feel great when its done! ...but i know how you feel ..it is scary sitting there in that chair. i dont like. but i hope it works out well. getting your hair done always makes you feel better.

Thread Information