Thread: MY FIRST POST (from London, UK)

MY FIRST POST (from London, UK)

Hi all,
    After what seemed like ages of rumination, I have finally decided to make my first posting here! I am just going to skip the details, otherwise this is far too long...
    My name is Henry I am 29yo and my problems with SA started (like with a great deal of you I imagine) at school. From the age of 8 my introversion was clearly manifest to the rest of my peers, who saw in me one of the easy targets for constant bullying, harassment, physical attacks and the works. I had to endure with this for every day of my primary and secondary school, and every other day of my high school (up until the age of 18yo when I started therapy for the first time, how? well my mother caught me melting in tears from where I decided to fess up all, and was taken to doctors)

I was so bad that I was diagnosed with social phobia and clinical depression (and I displayed some small traits of thinking as OCD, although this was not formally diagnosed and it's based on my experience/opinion) From 18 I started treatment for which I have more or less managed to keep SA and depression at bay for 10 years, mainly in drug-induced fashion.

My life circumstances have now changed and SA and depression is starting to rear its ugly head again. I have nobody I can relate to and I am utterly lonely, and I am very sad.
    I would be keen to hear from people in the London area in particular, although if anybody wants to talk, I will listen to anyone.

I will tell more about me, my interests, etc; in the penpals/meet-ups section, where I will be posting accordingly.

Thank you for reading,
    Henry.

Hi Henry_the_King

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: MY FIRST POST (from London, UK)

sound shitty mate. Know exactly how you feel.

Hello Henry, i have like you finally had the courage to post here..i know how you feel being so lonely havng no-one to relate to feeling so despondent and lost...dont be sad... the one thing i have learned from reading of others plights here today is i honestly never realised how so many other people were suffering..it is difficult for others to understand when you are have a disabilty they cannot see or they find difficult to comprehend...i have had to listen to such as " what do you mean you cant go out, of course you can just get on a bus" or the infamous " pull yourself together" when that is said to me i always think of the old adage " walk a mile in my shoes" dont be sad...

to NMP Henry. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax

Thread Information