Thread: Any ideas what this could be?

Any ideas what this could be?

Hope this isn't too long winded...

About two years ago I noticed a patch on my right leg near my shin bone (not sure whether it's the bone itself) was achy. I worried about it a lot and couldn't decide whether the bone hurt or whether the muscle near it was twitching or what was going on. I used to feel my leg quite a lot for lumps and noticed the area itself was lumpy but no lumps on bone etc etc.

Anyway it went away or I forgot about it, until now.... It has come back and again I can't decide whether it's the bone aching or whether it's slightly to the side. It's midway down my lower leg and the surface of my leg feels bumpy.

Now since I forst discovered it I have had a baby and obviously was having blood tests all the time with that, FBC etc etc. Since having her I had a blood test about 6 months post natal, so about 6 months ago.

So my question is, could it still be something nasty or is this just something innocent beings I have had the same symptoms before and had blood tests etc etc?

The reason I am also bothered is because I have a lump on the top of my shin bone where it joins the knee on the other side which is tender if I touch it or kneel on it. It's not looking likely to be housemaid's knee but does sound a bit like osgood-schlatter (sp) but I can't understand why it would have appeared since I have had my daughter.

I am worrying myself silly that it's bone cancer etc etc as I have also had achy forearms in the past couple of days.

Gosh I hate HA!

Re: Any ideas what this could be?

Can anyone help or is no one replying because they think something is wrong?

Hi dodo

Have you been back to your GP about this lately? Every now and then, I've had problems with sore bits on bones, but they've always gone away of their own accord. If you've been prodding the bone a lot, you'll make it sore as there isn't much flesh on that part of the body. The lumpiness might just be that you've become very aware of the muscle fibres, which of course is just part of how they're made. The muscles on my forearms are very lumpy and fibrous, and seem to have been like that for as long as I can remember.

If you've had loads of blood tests in the last few months, it's pretty unlikely that these would have missed something like bone cancer, as I'm quite certain that this sort of thing would affect blood counts. I'm sure your GP will be able to reassure you.

I don't like to keep going back to the GP. I have been a lot recently with my HA and panic attacks and I feel like if I go back about this that they will just say it's the HA manifesting itself again.

I would have imagined an abnormality would have shown up in my bloods, especially as I have had this before and it's been a while now.

Thread Information