Thread: PHOBIAS THAT CHANGE THRU LIFE

PHOBIAS THAT CHANGE THRU LIFE

HI, EVERYONE!

I Hope you are all well and coping with your day to day phobias.

At the weekend I was chatting to my friend and told her how I used to be absolutely terrified of Birds when I was a Kid and it seemed to dissapear when I was 24 years old......now I can walk past a bird without even notising (I used to check there were no birds).
    This got me thinking , If I used to have that phobia and it went after 20 years......surely this panic attack phobia i have in shops and meeting people will pass ?

Is it a matter of time? Has anyone else found they used to have different phobias that passed? Has anyone had panic attacks and its now just a distant memory ?

I wish I could go back to the bird phobia, maybe thats what we need a replacement phobia that constantly plays with your mind so we forget about this current one.......any ideas ?

mirryx

not sure on this one mirry. had fears but none that disrupted my life this much though . will have a think and get back to you though
    jackie

Hi Mirry, I can relate to the anxiety/panic attack being a memory, I have said before that I still get some " moments" now that would have totally freaked me out a year or so ago like tingling head, phnoe ringing, door knocking, i would have just got into a total state of panic, now i am so pleased with my progress and pat myself on the back and say "well done you"! I can only say that i dealt with certain issues that were making me down, depressed, unhappy, anxious and then I became stronger in myself to deal with my own issues, no one thing totally sorted me out but a number of them.

Hey mirry,
    Do you get panic attacks? I dont fear anything as such!! I dont dread going out or anything but when I do I get a panic attack!! I think everyone can get over a phobia or fear, it does take time but i am sure its possible!! as for anxitey i think its something that will always be there but you have to learn to live with it!
    Ammegxx

I agree that anxiety is always there & we just learn to live with it. Once you have it, its hard to get over completely. Some of you may disagree with me, I wish I was wrong & i'd love to hear from anyone who has got over it completely. I still don't know why I still have it but the panic seems under control as much as can be. Get the odd blip & got my fingers crossed that I don't go into full panic mode.

I used to be scared of lifts as a kid and would always take the stairs but then when I was 21 I worked in an office 5 floors up and needed to use the canteen a further 5 floors up and so I overcame the fear of lifts for about 6 years.

Unfortunately this one is back with me again and now I am back to using the stairs.

Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

hi mirry
    my dad has fully recovered from panic attacks and thats the thought that is keeping me going at the mo as having bad phase again... hope you are ok and no it can go
    Dan

It is so right how phobias change. From when i was first ill mine have changed when i sit and think about it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Thread Information