Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old-New Medication sideeffects

Old-New Medication sideeffects

Do you think if i gradually over 4 month stopped my medication and totally didnt take any for the past 2 months, and now having had a set back started taking them again - I am having a new set of sideeffects?

I worte in the other threads: I am on 10mg of Cipralex

I know I am still on hangover over the panic attacks but I am also spaced out and having derealisation. Or is it all just the same anxiety which is going to fade very slowly...?

Thanks

Re: Old-New Medication sideeffects

Hiya

I suspect that either of these things is possible - it could be the effects of the Cipralex, but having said that, if you're on 10mg that is a fairly low dose which might not set them off.

However, feeling space-iness (if there is such a word!) and derealisation are definitely related to anxiety and panic attacks, as I've had these many times myself, whether or not I've been on medication.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

I wish as normal, i could fastforward to the time when my mind is clear

I know I am still on hangover over the panic attacks but I am also spaced out and having derealisation. Or is it all just the same anxiety which is going to fade very slowly...?

I feel sure it's the latter Thumbalina You've suffered a shock to the system which has frightened you but I know you've also been under alot of stress recently so the two combined and have left their effects on you. It takes time to regain our confidence after bad experiences so don't try to fastforward as you just need to be patient. Try not to dwell on your feelings too much by keeping your mind on relaxing things you enjoy doing because gradually, as you "forget" what happened and "forget" the feelings by not allowing your mind to dwell on them, gradually you will also start feeling better.

Thanks Bill, it's so hard to have one day forward, then one back. I know it will be 3 days forward after but it's so annoying not to be able to be yourself.

patience, grasshopper.
    haa haa, youre probably too young to remember that, but its true.
    thumbelina, the bit youd like to fast forward is the important bit.
    as bill said, it will take time, even though your anxiety may have come on suddenly, it would have been building for a long time, this is the bit where you un-build & untangle , & most importantly re learn.
    the fact you in a hurry to fully recover is a sign your half way there.
    keep putting one foot in front of the other & one day this will all be a vague memory.
    that bills a smart bloke, it sounds like hes got this anxieties measure.
    great to have such such insight in such trying times

patience, grasshopper.
    haa haa, youre probably too young to remember that, but its true.

I remember!!! Or at least I remember the old fella who said it to his pupil but I can't remember the programme. Now you've got me puzzling! Wisdom comes with age and experience....or so they say, so there you go, I'm just old!...well I feel it!

Thumbalina, seriously, it's always frustrating when you just want to be your old self but don't be hard on yourself and don't be impatient or it could hamper your recovery.

If someone breaks their leg, they also feel frustrated because they can't be as they were but there's no point beating themselves up because they won't heal any quicker. They just end up building up negative emotions. When our minds can't take anymore, it's just like breaking a leg except we can't see it. We can only feel it. Both need time to heal but in different ways.

If you can say to yourself that you have just had too much to deal with lately...more than can be expected of anyone to deal with...it will help you to accept that what you're feeling is natural and that anyone else would be feeling the same because once you accept it as being a natural reaction, you'll stop feeling frustrated so won't keep beating yourself up. In this way, you won't be adding even more stress and tension on yourself, and it will help you to relax which will mean you'll heal quicker.

Thanks, tried to relax last night, was hard as I felt like I was carrying a big Heavy sandblasted glass box in my head. Sat by the compound pool after work with my hubby, got him to confess in his wrongdoings for the past 2 weeks which contributed to my panic attacks. I felt by the end lighter. 2 days weekend here will hop to church now. M.

It's good that your hubby opened up and accepted he was wrong in how he treated you. I can understand in the heat of the moment that we can all lose our temper and it takes courage to admit that we were wrong. This will have helped to clear the air between you and it's one less bottled feeling released which is why you feel lighter. So often we bottle bad feelings and don't realise that by doing so we're contributing to our anxiety. That doesn't mean that blowing our top is the right way to release these feelings though because that often just makes us feel worse as know doubt your hubby felt. I always feel a more diplomatic calm approach getting our point across can be much more effective. Attacking often puts peoples backs up which is how shouting matches result making both parties feel much worse. As you did today, you had a quiet conversation when things had calmed down and now you've released the emotions connected to that episode. It's a start.

I often wonder like many others how just talking about our hurts can actually help but providing you don't continually go over old ground, talking can actually help to release feelings which are unhealthy to keep inside. We store so many feelings from our past. It's what I call emotional stress because all these bad emotions gradually build up causing alot of stress which then results in anxiety.

Stress isn't just in our daily lives and the practical chores we have to juggle. It is also emotional because when we're hurting, feel anger, resentment etc., they can just as easily create anxiety if left undealt with. That's where talking helps because it helps us to come to terms with those emotions.

You'll get there Thumbalina. Storms always pass to allow the sun to shine once more if we keep working at it as you are.

Thank you very much Dr.Phil/Bill, after that talk my husband said that he felt so embarressed that he wanted to crawl in a deep hole or pack and leave as he felt such a bad person and father. I tried to swith the tone by praising him but it was very important for me to know that deep inside behind his tough personality he regretted about what happened. We spoke to the kids on skype yesterday, wemiss them both so much, but it does good to them to be with myparents as they mean theworld to them and it's a practicing their second language. I had a minor anxiety aftershock in the supermarket yesterday, but it was a biiiig supermarket. In general feel morepositive then before yesterday. M.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information