Thread: Broken up with boyfriend...why is finding a decent guy so hard!?

Broken up with boyfriend...why is finding a decent guy so hard!?

My boyfriend of a year and I broke up last weekend! I've been doing ok and feel it was probably for the best as he is a heavy pot smoker and has got a temper! However he was very understanding and supportive of my anxiety issues I dunno if he fully understood but he did listen to me and try help me to deal with my anxiety!
    I'm scared I'm never going to find a guy who will understand and support me as I deal with these demons :(

Re: Broken up with boyfriend...why is finding a decent guy so hard!?

I'm sorry to hear of your break-up; times like these can be very stressful and it's extra important now to take things easy and not let anxiety spiral out of control. It's good that you can see that this was for the best, try to focus on the positive aspects of being single - there are plenty! Don't worry, there are lots of guys out there who will be prepared to support you, I think girls with anxiety issues tend to underestimate how supportive and caring other people can be, maybe due to low self-esteem... I know I'm always surprised by how understanding and supportive my boyfriend is of all my constant worries! You will find someone who will be there to help you and who will offer more stability and calm than your previous boyfriend - in the meantime, take encouragement from the people on this forum, as there are always people here to talk to, who will do their best to understand and help :-). Enjoy the opportunity of independence and freedom this break-up has given you, try not to focus on someone new just yet - take your time and go at your own pace. Give yourself some time to relax and rest up and look after yourself.

Hi CJA09 you are very right its probly best if he was a smoker and had a temper, u will find somebody else that will care and support you through this difficult time! Best wishes AH .

Thank you both for your replies, I do need to take some time to let things settle down and enjoy being me! Just can help but worry I'll b left on the shelf! Thanks again for your wise words and support

Thread Information