Thread: Cheekbone feels bruised

Cheekbone feels bruised

Yesterday I touched my face and a small area at back of lower jaw felt kind of bruised. I didnt think much of it, just one of those things.. Today, the cheekbone on same side of face feels like a pressure there as though its being pressed and very slightly puffed as well.. I can only think it has something to do with neighbours mowing their lawns yesterday ( pollen).. Does anyone have any idea what it might be ?

Re: Cheekbone feels bruised

It may very well just be hayfever from the pollen. I get achey and puffy feeling when I have hayfever. Also when we are tense our muscles tire and hurt around our jaws and there are muscles in the cheeks that can also be strained from tensing. That may be it too. I know my jaw aches like it's bruised and other areas of my face that is from tension, and I also get a pressure feeling from inside my face often.

Quote Originally Posted by amieekid View Post
    It may very well just be hayfever from the pollen. I get achey and puffy feeling when I have hayfever. Also when we are tense our muscles tire and hurt around our jaws and there are muscles in the cheeks that can also be strained from tensing. That may be it too. I know my jaw aches like it's bruised and other areas of my face that is from tension, and I also get a pressure feeling from inside my face often.
    Thanks amieekid.. I wondered about the pollen but it was on low at the time. Am I right in thinking that low pollen can affect some people though ?
    Re the tension..think its very likely as I have an ongoing tension problem with Trapezius muscle which affects other muscles around it. I did read somewhere that the trapezius can cause referred discomfort to the jaw.

Yep, even the slightest pollen can affect some people! Me being one of them. I get hayfever in the middle of winter, go figure! It scared me for a bit this year but it's definitely hayfever - itchy throat, sniffly nose, pressure feeling in face..ugh.
    Yep that referred discomfort to the jaw could definitely be causing what you feel. Then the jaw refers pain and discomfort to the rest of your face!

Thanks again amieekid.. Im seeing a physio this week for the shoulder/neck problem which has been recurring for quite a few years.

re the pollen.. I had a quite bad reaction few weeks ago when pollen was on very high ( one of our few heat waves ).. The doc listened to my list of sensitivities year round.. central heating, perfumes, chemical smells, aerosol sprays, cold air, dust.. list goes on and he said it was perennial allergic rhinitis..so, anything can start me off really

Thread Information