Thread: Headaches/Migraines misery...please help!

Headaches/Migraines misery...please help!

Hi All,
    Am writing this with one eye patched up at the moment because since starting sertraline near 4 weeks ago I've had chronic daily headaches that have on a couple of occasions now developed onto full blown migraines that paracetamol just isn't touching. I find the ironic thing is that when I google sertraline migraines or sertraline headaches it appears that sertraline is being used to treat migraine sufferers! I've lost the medication Information from my packet to look at side effects to see if headaches/migraines are listed.
    The medication is working wonders for me with my depression and has halved my anxiety and these headaches;apart from a little nausea which is wearing off; are the ONLY side effect but they are becomming really troublesome.
    Just before I started the meds I had wisdom tooth trouble which starts with migraines, but the tooth is now fine so I don't think it's that as that was two
    Months ago now.
    The headaches are all in my eyes, switching one side to another on any given day but not in both eyes at the same time, the is what is putting me off the idea it might be my wisdom tooth.
    Has anyone else had these issues? Did they wear off?
    I'm seeing doctor next week for a routine monthly meds check up and I know I'll have to mention these headaches and will probably be told they'll wear off soon, but when I was on citalopram I was told that and had almost every side effect listed for the entire 18 months I was on them and was put on sertraline for the purpose of treating but avoiding the side effects.
    I just don't know what to do, I'm still able to function, think and be active on sertraline which I love, and my depression has lifted so well I'm actually happy, it's halved the anxiety but not cured it, but I think this is good because whilst I'm still aware of it but not frazzled by it I can work on it rather than numbing it like the citalopram did.
    I'm in such a pickle, the headaches might bot be constant all day but they are an every day occurrence, particularly in the evenings (I take my tablet at bedtime circa 9.30)
    Has anyone else had this? Do you get over it? Found a way to deal with it? Only paracetamol aren't working and other pain killers are a no no with SSRI's???
    Please someone help?

Re: Headaches/Migraines misery...please help!

Hi Sorry to hear about your headaches/migraines, I suffer with Migraines I am not on the same medication as you though I am on Seroxate but they are SSRI and my doctors has given my Midrid for mine as I know Paracetamol wouldnt touch mine, you need something stronger. I would try and get an appointment with your Doctor asap and I know Migraines are unbearable.
    Good luck let me know how you get on.

Thread Information