Can anyone help me as I am panicking again. Is is possible to have caused a hernia in my upper abdomen due to over exercising my stomach muscles in pilates??

Two weeks ago I went to pilates and did a lot of sit ups and stomach exercises, the following day I had such pain in my upper abdomen and around my lower ribs. It was really tender. Could I have pulled or damaged my stomach muscles or caused a hernia? I can't feel any protrusions or lumps but can't believe it can still be tender after 2 weeks, although I am still carrying on the usual housework, gardnening etc!!

I have been going to pilates since Easter and have had problems with internal pain under my right rib since Easter. Have been for scan on Gall Bladder etc. and Doc says it's irritable bowel. At that time he also checked for hernia and said that it wasn't that. This internal pain has now settled down (am taking Mebevernie) but I now have this more recent and different pain closer to the surface and near the centre of my abdomen and ribs.

I am going on holiday on Sunday and really want to go without worrying about my health!!

If there is anybody who can explain the symptoms of hernia/pulled muscles and the difference, that would be great.