Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I stop taking Citalopram?

Re: Should I stop taking Citalopram?

Morning Steve

If it helps I had a rough patch days 10 - 13 on the 10mg, but 14 onwards I started to see an improvement.

Have just taken my first increased dose of 20mg this morning and trying not imagine the worst lol

Hope your day does improve and hopefully distraction and a decent nights sleep tonight will sort you right out.

Jo
    x

Hi all,

Day 13, My wife and 3 year old son have just come back from visiting family all week, and I have found it difficult to cope with the tabs and be on my own in the house all last week. They came back list night and I was really looking forward to them coming home as I did miss them.

So, to make sure I was at my best I took a sleeping tab before bed on Thursday, and the same last night, but both nights I was very restless and couldn't sleep. As a result, I was very tired all day in work yesterday and wasn't in the best mood to see my wife and son last night. The tabs don't seem to help - 10mg Temazepan so I'm not going to take them again.

To make matters worse, I woke up this morning early, about 5.30 and I feel terrible. Not happy and feeling very anxious. My anxiety has got worse since I took a Cit an hour ago and cannot get rid of the feeling. I even don't feel like playing with my son. These tablets are making me feel worse at the moment but I'm going to continue to take them because I'm hoping they will make me feel better.

I just thought I'd write this down, to try help me.

Have a good weekend everyone,
    Steve

Hi all,

I've been on citalopram for a month now for depression, on 10mg but i haven't noticed a difference at all, does anyone think if i increased the dose to 20mg it would start being effective? xx

Hi Lauren, it can take 6 to 8 weeks for the cit to take effect. But have a chat with your doc if you'r unsure and definitely ask him before you increase your dose. If it's not working the doc might increase the dose. Also have a read of the survival guide on this site, it's very helpful.

Have a good evening,
    Steve

Hi Steve

Hope you day has calmed down a little and you have managed to enjoy your time with the family. As you know sometimes the tablets take longer for some than others, but most say they work wonders. I find at times just the simplest change can upset the anxiety again,so hopefully when you settle back in with your family things may calm down for you

Jo

Hi Jo,

I had little 20 minute power nap then meditated for a further 20 minutes whilst my son had his afternoon nap and that did help. Then, visiting my mother did help a lot, had something decent to eat for a start. Feeling far more relaxed now and enjoying a quiet evening in front of the TV with my wife.

Hope everything is OK with you,
    Steve

Hey Steve

Glad to hear all started to calm a bit. Have to admit the eating regularly and well has helped me a lot.

Things are actually not too bad for me, the increase seems to be going ok right now. Had plans to visit my sister this afternoon, but she has had to cancel as not well and it didn't freak me out like it would normally, so that is a good thing!

Hope you have a relaxed sunday

Jo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information