Thread: i've had to take a diazepam....

i've had to take a diazepam....

panic this morning was unbearable and i have just had to take a diazepam....i also take cit but hasnt kicked in as yet been on it for just over three weeks....hopefully soon it will - please god.
    i know diazepam is meant to be addictive but i only take when needed....going back to doc's this morning and i need something to help me get out of the door!
    just needed to download....writing feelings down helps so much xxxxx

Re: i've had to take a diazepam....

Hi calm. Writing helps me a lot too. I tend to take a notepad with me when I go out so I can sit and scribble down my thoughts as I have them. Makes me feel a lot better! If you cant take a notepad use your phone, write text messages that youll never send
    I hope you feel better soon and good luck with the docs!

hi vixxy and paul.....thank you for your messages.....yes i will do as you say keep on writing and wot a good idea burn and release it - thats sounds so so good.
    as you say re: diazepam.....its there if one really needs it.....and i did today.....so no more guilt.
    thank you xxxx
    hope you both have a good weekend and i do hope that you are both feeling positive xxxx once again wot both of you have said makes so much sense....thank you for sharing

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

Don't worry about taking the diazepam, Calm - I was given some recently to take the edge off the olanzapine withdrawal, and took up to three a day. I've not had one for about 5 days now, and not experienced any problems. GPs often give diazepam when starting SSRIs.

Dahlia

paul and dahlia....thank you so much for your messages xxxx

paul....how wonderful for you xxxx it sounds absolutely perfect xxxx

dahlia...yes i shouldnt beat myself up about taking them.....if they take off the edge until citalopram kick in...then so be it xxxx

hope you both have a good weekend xxxxx onwards on upwards that is what i keep telling myself xxxxx

Don't worry about taking the diazepam as prescribed by your doctor. I take ativan .5mg in the morning and .25mg at noon. I have taken this for several months. I did taper off a few weeks ago, without a lot of problems (though it is a low dose). I am back on now because my doctor wants me to stay on it until I gain my weight back (I had lost a significant amount of weight though the anxiety). 30 years ago I took Serax three times a day when I had a panic disorder (a benzodiazepine), and I eventually tapered off of that and was fine.

Thread Information