Thread: nausea again!!!UGH!!! now i think i know what it is ,,, brain tumor

nausea again!!!UGH!!! now i think i know what it is ,,, brain tumor

for the past 2months i've had what i thought was morning sickness ,,, i thought i was pg and went to the dr to check but not pg ,,, so this along with headaches(twice a week at least) and occasional dizziness makes me sure of my diagnosis ,,,,,,,,,, brain tumor ,,,,,this wasn't just something i came up with out of the blue ,,, i watched a show (dr oz) ever heard of him? anyhow, some of the symptoms he said was headaches and sickness especially in the morning,,,so,,,thats the symptoms i have! So now i'm terrified!!! i will call dr monday but in the mean time can someone help calm me down?! i'm scared,,,SO scared

Re: nausea again!!!UGH!!! now i think i know what it is ,,, brain tumor

Okay, well you need to relax. In the case of a space-occupying mass in the brain, the initial symptoms have nothing to do with nausea and occasional dizziness(which must be differentiated from light-headedness). Far lesser conditions can produce this sort of symptom pattern, the most common of which is constipation. Anxiety disorder is also a common underlying problem where nausea is presented.

Please describe your symptoms in greater detail, including when the nausea appears in the morning, how long it lasts, whether it is relieved by bowel movement, does the nausea occur at any other point in the day, whether you have ever been awakened from sleep by the nausea and finally, have you ever actually vomitied and if so, how often?

The other point I'd like you to clarify is whether you are feeling light-headed and faint, or whether you are actually experiencing dizziness, ie either the room around you is spinning about or you feel as though you are spining about.

You'll be fine. this is not a brain tumor.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Quote Originally Posted by RLR View Post
    Okay, well you need to relax. In the case of a space-occupying mass in the brain, the initial symptoms have nothing to do with nausea and occasional dizziness(which must be differentiated from light-headedness). Far lesser conditions can produce this sort of symptom pattern, the most common of which is constipation. Anxiety disorder is also a common underlying problem where nausea is presented.

Please describe your symptoms in greater detail, including when the nausea appears in the morning, how long it lasts, whether it is relieved by bowel movement, does the nausea occur at any other point in the day, whether you have ever been awakened from sleep by the nausea and finally, have you ever actually vomitied and if so, how often?

The other point I'd like you to clarify is whether you are feeling light-headed and faint, or whether you are actually experiencing dizziness, ie either the room around you is spinning about or you feel as though you are spining about.

You'll be fine. this is not a brain tumor.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)
    Thank You
    Ok so we'll do details: The nausea starts as soon as i get up in the morning and the past 2 days its lasted almost all day, today was the worst, i haven't vomited yet but the urge is there sometimes sometimes i wake at night and feel ill but not always. Bowel movements don't make anything better, also doesn't make it worse. The dizziness isn't making me spin or the room spin,,,i just feel kinda off balance. I just started having a burning feeling in my chest today!!! That scares me even More!

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

Panicagain - are you taking any meds? Citalopram made me nauseous all the time, and made me dry heave a lot.

Dahlia

I too have been experiencing nausea, it becomes worse when trying to eat and even the thought of food can make it worse. Sometimes it is alongside dizziness, like an off balance feeling and there have been occasions where the room has actually spun :/
    Are you able to eat alright? x

Thread Information