Thread: Randomly scary thoughts pop in to my head

Randomly scary thoughts pop in to my head

Bit of long story to this, bare with me.

So recently I've been going through an episode of bad anxiety due to reading something in a thread. It was a thread about certain paranoid tendencies and I was enjoying reading it, sharing laughs with others about it. But someone said "Is it bad that I've been through all these?". Someone responded saying how they went through all these and eventually they were diagnosed with schizophrenia.

As soon as I read that, a sudden rush of stress and worry came over me. I felt physically ill, especially my stomach. I then kept on researching about it for a couple days and I didn't have the signs but I was scared that I'm on the road to schizophrenia. The very thought of it made me terrified and completely helpless not knowing or who to go to.

Now before all of this had happened I played a game that really gave me the creeps (I'm scared of crustaceans) and whenever I encountered them in the game I would feel scared and when I stopped playing the game, I could still envision that big crustacean attacking me (or something else attacking me like in the game). I know its all in my head but sometimes I can't help it and it just pops in to my head. Once I read about that schizophrenia thing, my brain just overloaded in stress.

I'm 17 and am I crazy?

Re: Randomly scary thoughts pop in to my head

blooflash,

if you were crazy, you wouldn't be asking if you were!

enjoy life, try not to worry about things that you have no control of.

Re: Randomly scary thoughts pop in to my head

I think schizophrenia is a common fear when suffering from anxiety. I had this fear many years ago when I felt at my worst and it was made more difficult because my friend was diagnosed with it. The difference is that she was completely oblivious to the fact that she had mental health problems. When we are anxious we can question our every thought and feeling and this is what will be happening to you. When we are relaxed we don't give a "second thought!" to what we think!! The very fact that you are "wondering" whether or not you have it shows that you do not and that it is the trick of an anxious mind and vivid imagination. Please try not to worry about it, or worry about any strange thoughts that come into your mind because they don't deserve the importance!!
    Myra

Thread Information