Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

Hi,

My partner has recently been put on citalopram and I was just wondering whether anyone could give me any advice on how to help him at the moment, as things are extremley stressful. He is 24 and I am 21, I'm worried that I'm not old enough or mature enough to be able to deal with his up and down moments that are inevitable when starting citalopram.
    I've also just found out that my 18 year old sister is pregnant so at the moment my mind is completley taken up with her. I don't want to put my partners problems to the back burner as they are just as important but I feel like I won't be able to do or say anything right and that I will just put him into a deeper state of depression :(
    Please can people who are taking citalopram let me know how they wanted to be looked after and what their partners did to make them feel better?
    I really don't want him to feel as if he's alone in this so your thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Katy

Hi katyhook

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Advice needed

how wonderful are you xxxxx to be so understanding will be such a comfort to him.

you will find on here the citalopram survival guide.....go onto home page and keep on cursoring down until you see citalopram i think it is in there...i am new on here but i am sure if i am incorrect some kind person will point you in the right direction xxxx

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Hi Katy

Welcome to NMP.

It seems to me that if you've gone to the trouble of joining here you care enough to be able to support your partner through this. Sometimes just being there is sufficient, as although we're all different, too much prodding and poking can make someone feel worse. All you can do is let your partner know that you're there for him if he wants to talk about things.

You can find the Citalopram Guide here: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46980

Never Surrender, Comrade

Support and understanding is all we need , just to be there . Leave him be when he wants to be by himself and do not take offence to any mood swings etc and to be there for him to listen or hug when he feels he wants to talk.
    You sound like a very supportive partner to me
    Paige x

Just be there for him and let him know he can always talk to you no matter what x

Thread Information