Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram and Diazepam

Re: Citalopram and Diazepam

I found the move to 20mg much easier than when I started on 10mg to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsblonde View Post
    I found the move to 20mg much easier than when I started on 10mg to be honest
    Nice one. Anxiety and panic is my main issue/problem which led to the depression mixed in. I know from the great posts on here you need to give it time. Lol just a nightmare feeling hyper and getting ready for the challenges ahead once cit kicks in after x amount of weeks.

My issue is anxiety and panic and when I started on the 10mg I did have the increased anxiety and sleepless nights for while. However for me the 20mg only really mean't I had one bad day a week after I increased.

Now however nearly all of my morning anxiety has gone and I am getting a good solid 7 hours sleep a night which helps soooo much lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsblonde View Post
    My issue is anxiety and panic and when I started on the 10mg I did have the increased anxiety and sleepless nights for while. However for me the 20mg only really mean't I had one bad day a week after I increased.

Now however nearly all of my morning anxiety has gone and I am getting a good solid 7 hours sleep a night which helps soooo much lol
    Cheers good to know and thanks for the response. Been on Cit before and don't remember the side effects being just as bad. In all fairness my anxiety/panic is worse than back then. Is just the riding it out part is a pain. Back living with my parents and feel the guilt/pressure it's putting on them.

I'm on 20mg of Cit and have been given 5mg of Diaz, last time they gave me stronger ones. I'm quite excited, I love free (legal) drugs.

I'll be interested to see how groggy I am in the morning though, I have been feeling really....really tried in the morning, even though I am sleeping all the way through the night with Cit.

Yesterday was a bit varied. Still a grumpy nervous person in the morning, as high as a kite once Cit kicks in and at night just feel boredom/frustration kicking in. I don't work(and couldn't at moment) but trying to do stuff to fill me day even though I can see it far enough. Just impatiently waiting on the Cit to settle.

On day 5 of increasing to 20 mg of cit(17 in total). Trying to cut back on Diazepam if I feel I can hack it. Day still feels the usual routine as I've posted before. Agitated, anxious, tense, stressed and the 'high' feelings from the Cit. Lol I'm so impatient just itching for this to work.

Family telling me they are seeing a difference but feel I'm just trying to mask the symptoms from them. Going to see GP again next week. Interesting to see what he says but I get panicky about appointments(due to taking panic attack going to docs last year).

Happy days

Sorry if I go on a bit. Kinda using this is a diary or just to get things off my chest.

Day 6 on 20mg of Cit. Felt a bit depressed yesterday and today. Trying to avoid the Diaz to see if I can cope. Do feel bit hyper at times but depression feeling odd as aint had that in a while. Been so focussed on the anxiety n side effects. Hey ho.

Things should get better next couple of weeks once it settles into my system.

Well I've had my first full week on 20mg of cit and been pretty bad. Had the odd good moment mind you I've been able to cope or feel distracted. I'm optimistic this will work in time. Has helped me in past and see others who have been helped when reading these forums. Just sick of the mood swings. Anxiety, depressed and hyper. Ggrrr. Need to give the cit time to get into my bloodstream/system over coming few weeks as I've mentioned before I'm an impatient so n so and just wish I cold fast forward 6 weeks. Got GP tomorrow morning so see what he says.

i am oh so sorry to hear that you have been bad....i am impatient too...as you know xxxxx
    lets hope they start to kick in soon....week 5 for me i think and i am still a nervous wreck....and high anxiety and panic attacks...but fingers x.....i am trying to calm down.
    please keep us posted xxxxx

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information