Thread: MS TERROR

Exclamation MS TERROR

Hi there,
    I have managed to get myself in a compleat state at the moment.
    weird feeling of pins and needles in left side (head, arm, leg). dizzyness and visual disturbances, fuzzy and flashing lights. surely all this cant just be anxiety??
    Have had bloods done recently all came back normal would MS have any impact on a blood test, sorry I feel so stupid and scared at the moment

Re: MS TERROR

Hi there,

All the things you are describing really can be caused by anxiety - a condition which you certainly have along with the rest of us who are hanging out here! I have been on this forum for a little while and in the past have used other health anxiety forums and I can't tell you the number of people who have had these symptoms and come back with clear MRI scans and no MS. It is scary and horrible but anxiety affects your nervous system and can cause all these things. I fear MS too so I feel your pain!

My dad died of MS when I was very young (7), and at the time there was quite a strong belief that it was hereditary. Therefore every time I fell over or was unwell, I was hauled off to the doctor. Of course, MS isn't directly hereditary, but if you have a parent or sibling with it, then your chance of getting it is a bit higher than normal.

I'm sure that this has done a whole lot towards how bad my health anxiety is. I also grew up with a huge fear of developing MS, and was quite relieved when I hit 40, as I'd been told that if it hadn't developed by then, it was extremely unlikely as it's generally a disease that affects younger people.

However, I think there are a couple of important things to remember about MS:

1. It's actually pretty rare
    2. there are degrees of MS, and there are a lot of people out there who do have it, but will never become wheelchair-bound or paralysed - this is the worst end of the disease that only affects a smallish proportion of those who have it.

Red face Re: MS TERROR

That makes me feel heaps better, thank you! I was 40 last weekend, they say life begins at 40!
    Have decided to go onto anti depressants, I have got so bogged down with HA and i am fairly sure that all symptoms will receed once the meds start working. Had a baby 11 weeks ago and think my hormones are going crazy, and making me feel like i am!
    Thank you so very Much
    XXX

Quote Originally Posted by cattia View Post
    Hi there,

All the things you are describing really can be caused by anxiety - a condition which you certainly have along with the rest of us who are hanging out here! I have been on this forum for a little while and in the past have used other health anxiety forums and I can't tell you the number of people who have had these symptoms and come back with clear MRI scans and no MS. It is scary and horrible but anxiety affects your nervous system and can cause all these things. I fear MS too so I feel your pain!
    I totally agree - I have read hundreds and I mean hundreds of threads about MS fears on here and as yet not one of them has been MS. They have all been other simple complaints or plain old anxiety.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information