Thread: feel so scared

feel so scared

can any one tell me if this is noemal .as ive sufferd with health and general anxiety for a while now , and for a few days i was managing my anxiety and felt ok ,but yesterday i felt and went abit funny and abit dizzy while walking to the shop and now im so scared to go out my house incase it happenes again as im so scared incase it happands again and i pass out and die and i dont know how to over come this . i feel so stupid because i even foned the nhs direct up and my doctors to see why i went like it and its making feel i cant cope with feeling like this much longer can any please tell me if any one else feels like me and advise me on how to stop it

Re: feel so scared

face it head on ,its anxiety it wont kill you ,,tell yourself this over and over ,,go with your fears ,,if your scared to go out ,say to yourself i will go out i have anxiety but i will be ok ,the more we think on it the more of a hold it gets ,,it feeds off our fear ,, ,,so to beat it we have to try not to be afraid if it makes sense xxx

Hiya,

this sounds like the story of my life. Constant dizziness is one of my big problems too and it does scare me into not wanting to go out sometimes. I wish I had an answer to your problem but I'm still trying to find one myself. However what I will say is don't be scared into not doing things as it can become a vicious cycle..... start small and have a walk outside and take it slowly and try to walk through the dizziness. Hav eoyu been to the doctor and been told it is anxiety? x

hi thk u for the reply i have been told i have anxiety by my gp but i havent spoke to her about how i went abit yesterday as i cant get a appointment to see her ,could it be that cause i cant get to see my gp to say its was nothing to worrie about can it make my anxiety worse cause i havent had the reassurance from my gp

hi tricia
    i have been suffering health anxiety for 5 months, i feel very dizzy most of the time im to afraid to be on my own never mind go out, from time to time through out the day i could be sitting or doing something i start to feel very strange like a spaced out feeling/feeling really light headed, it last a while but does pass leaving me feeling dizzy for the rest of the day. ive seen my doctor about this on many of occasions because it scares the life out of me but he said it is due to the anxiety one of it many horrible sensation. thats all i can say is drink plenty of water and eat properly and if it happens again dont be afraid of it just try and relax, you wont pass out or die, i never have. i cant really be much more help just though i would let you know your not alone
    zoe x

Thread Information