Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: when will it take affect...will it ever...

when will it take affect...will it ever...

hi guys
    have been taking cit for four weeks ago...and no let up of panic/high anxiety...i am beginning to feel so so low....i just want to be back to my normal self.
    i am seeing the gp on friday...should i ask her to up my dose....or do you think i should stay on 20mg for a little while longer.
    your guidence and input would be so so appreciated.
    many thanks as always, tracey xxxxx

Re: when will it take affect...will it ever...

Best to speak to the GP Tracey as everyone reacts differently. Some are on 10mg and some are on 60mg.

You should also try other ways of trying to reduce the anxiety aswell if you are not; exercise, CBT...

Best of luck - hope you feel better soon!!

thank you so much steve...its just so confusing....they started me straight off at 20mg but nothing has changed.....i am trying to do things - walk, swim etc xxxx

i just dont know wot to do...thank you steve and yes i hope so too. hope you are doing ok love tracey xxxx

Hi Calm,

Is the the first ad you have been on? 4 weeks is still quite early days for taking citalopram...have you not noticed any difference at all?

I think it is good that you are seeing your GP on Friday so you can discuss your options. You have been lucky to escape the side effects that often happen when first taking citalopram.

I wish you well soon.

Jo.xx

Hi,

I have been taking mine for over 2 weeks now and still get the odd day of nausea but same as you - last week I was fine but this week I feel a bit low...it is very frustrating!

HB x

Quote Originally Posted by HunniBee View Post
    Hi,

I have been taking mine for over 2 weeks now and still get the odd day of nausea but same as you - last week I was fine but this week I feel a bit low...it is very frustrating!

HB x
    Very

hi jo...no i havent seen any changes....still high anxiety and panic attacks....i just dont know i want the girl i once was back! xxxx
    im not sure if i should go up a notch i.e 30mg a day...or stick with 20mg for a little while longer.....me is confused.com.
    thank you for all your posts so so appreciate it....hunnibee i do hope the nausea passes xxxxx love tracey xxxx

When I saw the Doctor after 4 weeks on 20mg, I was told it generally takes 6 to 8 weeks for the full effect to take place. I've noticed a big improvement as I got into week five, so hopefully you will notice a difference soon. Best to talk it through with the Doc though.

Im seeing the doc Thursday and he's already talked about upping my dose and I've only been taking mine 10 days!! I guess all docs are different!!

HB x

p.s - I think the nausea is only there because I don't eat before taking it - I never usually have breakfast....

hunnibee how did you get on at docs today..sorry with everything i forgot to ask...so sorry xxxxxx
    pope....i do hope that as you said the 5th week it all kicks in...fingers x for me xxxx
    thank you for your replies, love tracey xxxxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information