Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irritable Bowl Syndrome

Irritable Bowl Syndrome

Hi everyone,

I'm new to all of this anxiety thing.. and was just looking for some experiences.. so i can enhance my knowledge of this cruel illness.

I have suffered with a long duration tension headache ( 3 weeks )

In addition to this i have felt tired and weak through the stress...

One symptom that i havent managed to get my had round.. is the ibs link to anxiety..

I have been having stomach pains on and off.. they can be accompanied with the need to get to the toilet.. the main isnt severe.. but enough to know its there.. sometimes the pain can radiate around the right side (hip area)

just wanted to get an idea of anyone else's experience of this symptom or similar symptom... i have had a blood test which seemed fine .. so im putting it down as i almost match the ibs symptoms..

Any replies would be greatly welcome

Adz

Re: Irritable Bowl Syndrome

Can anyone help? Or relate to this ?

yeah I get ibs and it's definitley worse when I'm anxious, we feel anxiety in all parts of our body but especially the stomach.
    so yes a lot of anxious people getting stomach issues, nausea, pain, urgency to go
    if it's not affecting your life too much and these symptoms are most prevailant during times of stress/anxiety then I'd guess it's more than likely just another annoying and painful symptom associated with anxiety!

Thanksd for the reply .. I knownits prob just a common anx symptom but I'm new to this .. Can anyone else Relate to the issues I'm having

Hi, I get sore stomach on the left side, going round to my left side back hip area, the pain is quite intense and times and then just seems to be vanished it seems to be caused by lots of wind in the intestines are you aware of this in your case?

Yeh that's exactly it .. Mostly on right tho .. Some time on left .. Is it towards ur hip or a lot higher ?

Hi, When I have it it is just between my waist and my abdomen and seems to go round the back radiating from the front abdomen area on the left.

Is it almost a ring of irritation around the waist ? ..how long can periods of thes pains last for?

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

You could try Rennie Deflatine or Windeze, as it could be trapped wind. I also get pain where you describe. Also, Buscopan is good for spasms, apparently - my friend takes it for his stomach and doesn't get the spasms or the resulting diarrhoea.

I have tried every known pill for this over the years.Buscopan is the only drug that helps ,as mentioned it doesnt cause any side effects either .Avoid taking painkillers for the pain as this will only make you constipated and will make it worse ..and drink plenty of water based drinks .Hope it settles down soon .Sue x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information