Thread: Annoyed

Annoyed

I have been suffering from Anxiety since last august and i have just started Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Everything is going well but i'm getting EXTREMELY annoyed because my know-it-all younger brother (who is studying psychology at college) seems to think that i am faking my anxiety and he constantly says that mental illness is easy to fake etc. He is so arrogant. He is convinced that i am a 'dole dosser' and is constantly stirring up trouble. It's getting to the point where i have started drinking lots again and i have considered leaving home. My brother is a typical student who thinks he is oh so intelligent and cultured. I want to beat him up but i don't want to go to jail. What can i do? However much i try to explain about how i have panic attacks etc he just says "oh you can fake all that" and he constantly insults me. He has power over me and is on good terms with my parents. I'm getting sick and tired of his sarcastic remarks. please help

What can you do. Rely on people on this site who will support you and understand you. You are not alone and you need to know that.

Dont let other grind you down please

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Hi

Sal is right, this site is an excellent support network and you wil gain inner strength from the people on here.

As for your brother! Well, what I would suggest is you take him along to meet your therapist or cbt worker. I would sit him down and I would get her to give him a lecture on how damaging his comments could be and how a potential career change might be advisable before his potential patients start to line up on beachy head and start jumping because if I was his patient I have sued him for the damn comments. Ignorance and Stupidity go hand in hand and text books do not have the answers!

What a pillock he is !

Never mind you have friends on here now you can beat this

sue with 5

scknight

Thanks Sal and Susan It's good to talk to people who understand what i'm going through[8)] I will try and ignore my brothers cruel comments to the best of my ability and i will also have a word with my cbt worker. thanks

Thanks Sal and Susan It's good to talk to people who understand what i'm going through[8)] I will try and ignore my brothers cruel comments to the best of my ability and i will also have a word with my cbt worker. thanks

Sometimes family can say the most hurtful things as they don't understand atall.

I wish they would come on here and read all about it so they understand more but I bet they won't.

Try to ignore their comments and we will support you on here

Nicola

Thinking about you and know how hard it is when people judge you regardless of how you feel. PM me if you want to talk.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Thread Information