Thread: feeling very anxious

Unhappy feeling very anxious

Hi, i'm new to panic attacks and seem to be suffering with anxiety most of the time as well. just been out to see some friends (went in the car alone) for a few hours, for the first time in 2 weeks (since it's all started) and was doing well for an hour or so but am now feeling awful. after a while i just started to feel a bit faint/spaced out. everything was feeling a bit too bright and then the panic/anxious thoughts just kicked in. now feeling tightenings in the chest,pains in my right arm and just really anxious. i just don't understand why this is happening to me. i don't feel like myself at all. i just want my life back, i feel wretched.
    am supposed to be seeing a consellor tomorrow for the first time and lots of people have recommended this to me. but i don't know if it'll be of any help because i don't know what's causing all this. i guess i sound really negative. i have been trying to keep positive and most of today i felt ok, it always seems to be worse at night. i thought it was getting better but it just seems to keep happening over and over again. i don't want it to progress to a full on panic attack, i really don't.
    sorry i know this sounds like rambling but im so new to all this and it is really hard to believe that there's nothing physically wrong with me, cause i'm so convinced i'm dying. if anyone has any words of advice or comfort or if you just know how im feeling/where i'm coming from i'm sure that would help me. thanks for listening guys. xxx

Re: feeling very anxious

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_85 View Post
    Hi, i'm new to panic attacks and seem to be suffering with anxiety most of the time as well. just been out to see some friends (went in the car alone) for a few hours, for the first time in 2 weeks (since it's all started) and was doing well for an hour or so but am now feeling awful. after a while i just started to feel a bit faint/spaced out. everything was feeling a bit too bright and then the panic/anxious thoughts just kicked in. now feeling tightenings in the chest,pains in my right arm and just really anxious. i just don't understand why this is happening to me. i don't feel like myself at all. i just want my life back, i feel wretched.
    am supposed to be seeing a consellor tomorrow for the first time and lots of people have recommended this to me. but i don't know if it'll be of any help because i don't know what's causing all this. i guess i sound really negative. i have been trying to keep positive and most of today i felt ok, it always seems to be worse at night. i thought it was getting better but it just seems to keep happening over and over again. i don't want it to progress to a full on panic attack, i really don't.
    sorry i know this sounds like rambling but im so new to all this and it is really hard to believe that there's nothing physically wrong with me, cause i'm so convinced i'm dying. if anyone has any words of advice or comfort or if you just know how im feeling/where i'm coming from i'm sure that would help me. thanks for listening guys. xxx
    Hi Sarah, welcome to the club, you are not dying, going mad, losing your marbles etc etc...but that is how irrational are brains work when we get anxious, so we all know what you are going through.

Obviously I don't know if counselling is for you or not, also, there are lots of different types, but as you have a session booked, go along, who knows what might come up after you have been a few times, and also, it is good to talk to a professional when you are going through a tough time, so give it a whirl. Also, make sure you see your GP, have a good chat, and see if they suggest anything. No harm in covering all bases. Make sure you talk to your family/friends about how you are feeling, go for lots of walks, fresh air is good, and just be kind to yourself, you need some TLC. Keep us posted, and remember, you are not alone. xxx

Hi Sarah

Sorry to hear you having such a bad time at present. I know exactly what you are going through and those symptoms you are having are what i have right now also.

Please see the counseller tomorrow, i think it really does help most people.

Iv had the symptoms for years and i still get frightened by them

love mandie x

thanks so much guys. sometimes i think i just need reminding that i'm not alone and that the symptoms are not me dying, it's just me panicking. thank u so much for your kindness. luckily i have a really supportive partner and also family. just having a hard time getting used to the fact that this isn't just going to go away over night :( as much as im sure we all wish it would. i hope u guys are doing ok. xxx

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_85 View Post
    thanks so much guys. sometimes i think i just need reminding that i'm not alone and that the symptoms are not me dying, it's just me panicking. thank u so much for your kindness. luckily i have a really supportive partner and also family. just having a hard time getting used to the fact that this isn't just going to go away over night :( as much as im sure we all wish it would. i hope u guys are doing ok. xxx
    So pleased you have a supportive other half and family, that makes such a difference. No, unfortunately, not overnight, but as long as you keep telling people how you feel, look after yourself, get to the GP, and see how the counselling goes...these are all really positive steps to understand why you are feeling these feelings and what you can do to control them. Take care. xxx

Thread Information