Hi my name is andrew and I have reached the end of the road, yesterday I was released from hospital from an overnite stay due to alcohol shakes and I never want to experience that again. I stopped drinking at the start of dec and attended AA meetings and was prescribed valium on a low dose to help along with lustral as a long term medication. I was able to remain sober for over a month and wean myself off the valium but in all this time the anxiety I feel never fully subsided and I was left with the most awful feeling of being 'stoned' (I have never used illegal drugs) through taking the lustral. Slowly but surely the drinking resumed on a low level to begin with (as it is the only substance that has ever alleviated the anxiety and feelings of depersonaliation) culminating in a 3 day binge of 8 cans of normal strength lager on friday past and a visit to hospital on sat with extreme anxiety and release on sunday and waking today with exactly the same feelings I have experienced all my adult life.