Thread: my story part 3 (what I have tried and why)

my story part 3 (what I have tried and why)

hi I am 37 yrs of age now and have been on and off anti depressants now all my life I was originally on them (the true reason) I was small when I was a child and had no family support and I grew up with other ppl bullying me and myself trying to fit in with them and their ideas so I was always nervos and I always felt as tho I was not me, in the past few yrs for personal reasons those feelings have disipated and basically I have matured and I accept life on lifes terms, the main reason I went for anti depressants I was suffering from depersonaliation, basically I felt as though I was detached from reality and I thought deep down I had either died and was in some sort of coma and dreaming life and that I was observing myself from somewhere detached or that I was suffering from some unspeakably bad mental illness and I thought I was the only person in the world who felt like this. So I went to the doctor and 1st it was dothipen then paxil then prozac then lustral then back to prozac and finally one last attempt at lustral in december. I tried lustral again one last time and totally free of alcohol for the 1st time cos once over it did work but this time nothing but the feeling of being stoned 24 hrs a day which is worse than anything I have ever known and after 2 months on it that feeling was just driving me proper looney so it had to stop. The one thing that did seem to help was the st johns wort but still I had the feeling of dissasocation (I was not aware at this time of the fact that dissasociation was felt by other ppl so I was still convinced deep down I must be mad) and the anxiety (tho at a less level) and once again the only thing that alleviated it was alcohol and in sept (after some personal problems )I left my job with the idea to sort myself out once and for all and I went into a deep downward spiral of nearly daily drinking to try to alleviate the dissa' and this resulted in an overnite stay in hospital and reaching rock bottom.

Hi Andrew,

You will find some good support & some people in the same boat as yourself on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

Andrew

The DP and DR are a common part of anxiety but can be also exacerbated by SSRIs temporarily so you may have been right.
    I'm not sure what you are finally taking but just be aware that many meds and sjw don't mix well at all so look inot it carefully .

I have founds a 4 way split post really hard to follow. Wpould you be kind enough to amalgamate them please asap.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

amalgamated to

parts 1 to part 4 all together

Andrew we are all here to help you hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Thread Information