Thread: Feeling very on edge 24/7

Feeling very on edge 24/7

Hi, does anyone feel like there on edge nearly allday, and if they have to do something (anything) it feels like there going to fall off that edge, just intense feeling of panic - shortness of breath, breathing too heavy, hot, just feel like I want to stay in same place all the time - is this just panic until the Citalopram settles?On day 11 of 20mg now was on 10mg. But cut down in July, GP thinks still having withdrawel symptoms as well. Been on 20mg before but cannot remember feeling this anxious.

Re: Feeling very on edge 24/7

I'm in same boat. Been on cit before and although was easy was nowhere as bad as going onto it this time. I know it can work for me. Maybe just cause I was more unwell a few weeks back making it worse this time around.

If it's any consolation I'm on edge 24/7 aswell. Needs to be given a couple of months anyway to get into our system.

Thanks Glasgow guy, it does help knowing were not alone, just not easy coping with the symptoms. Are you managing to carry on with normal day to day routines?. And do you feel froze sometimes like you feel your losing it?

Keeping a limited daily routine. Leaflet drop for my Dad and his business for an hour or so. Go to gym for a workout or swim. Very limited as I can't cope with appointments.

Trying to deal with things as and when I can which is not helping the scenario.

Angels are you being treated for anxiety?

I'm used to those symptoms as part of being an anxiety sufferer or whatever you label me as, so an increase for me would be unpleasant but not unfamiliar.

I can imagine if you're not use to it and the drugs create it, it could be pretty awful.

Emotions are just chemicals at the end of the day, they're part of our ancient evolutionary circuitry designed to help us survive. Anxiety was only really suppose to help us escape for tigers and the like. Its useful in short burts, but torture full time.

SSRI's are trying to moderate the way these chemicals interact, its almost like to calibrate they go from one extreme to the other and then settle in the right place.

Its like your chemical blance being reset, so try not to let it rule you, they're just feelings however awful they seem at the time, they'll pass soon.

Hang in there.

Thread Information