Just got back from the Dr's and have been prescribed 50mg of Sertraline. She wanted to prescribe me 40mg of Citalopram first but as I was scared of trying that again (had 20mg for 10 weeks and felt so anxious the whole time) she decided to try Sertraline.

She said it works great for depression and I should start to feel the effects in 6 or 7 days and the full effect within 6 weeks, then it should plateau and keep my moods stable.

I suffer from anxiety as well which is usually the worst thing but at the moment it's the depression which is worse. I also have emetophobia (fear of vomiting).

A few things I am scared about is every SSRI I've had has left me in a high state of anxiety the whole time I am on them which is why I end up having to stop taking them usually after 4 weeks (most I've managed is 10 weeks on Citalopram). As it's my depression which I've been given them for I don't want the anxiety to suddenly kick back in as well, I couldn't cope with that as well. Also the nausea terrifies me. I've been told I can take metoclopramide if nausea hits but am still scared.

Also what time of day do I take these, day or night and with or without food. My sister had these meds years ago and always took hers before bed and never felt any side effects, but then she rarely does with meds where I seem to get them all lol