Thread: fast heart light headed feelings

fast heart light headed feelings

Hi i would like to start by saying this all started back in Nov 2009, ive been getting this everyday now my heart will race for no reason, it will go up to around 141 beats a min, it will slow down when it feels like it, the other thing i hate is when ever i get up to do anything it feels like somone is pushing my head and im going to fall, its a weird feeling but i could stand and all of a sudden my head feels like its been pushed and i have to grab somthing, well ive taken my blood presure when this happens and somtimes its fine but my heart rate will be 112 a min or it might be 80 beats a min, somtimes when i do my blood presure it can be 140/89 or it might be 120/86 is this normal for blood presure to go up when you get up? ive had MRI on brain Normal/ ECHO of heart Normal/ 24 hour tape Normal/ ECGs Normal apart from fast heart rate/ Bloods taken Normal/ Stool test Normal/ Xray of Chest Normal/ so as you can see ive had alot of tests all normal/ but then you read other stuff like POTS/ its tells you that this could be what im having and docs say its anxitey, what do i believe please help me as now im getting really bad many thanks Ian

Re: fast heart light headed feelings

I get tachycardia (rapid heart rate) with my anxiety. I just had a monitor on last week for 24 hours and one episode I had it was at 167. Very scary. But, when I distract myself from it and try to ignore it (I know, hard to do), it will usually slow down fairly quickly. The main thing is not to add more fear to it when it happens, because that will just make it beat faster.

Hi Jothenurse, thank you for your reply, i know the heart rate will go down but the worry is the feeling of being light headed feels like somone is pushing my head, but i know the heart rate worrys me to im always taken my pulse and yes it does go faster when i take it so your right in what your saying, Ian

I've just started having this - it began with palpitations when my period was due and I read this is probably normal but recently my geart rate rises so much I can feel it all over my body - of course I then get anxious and this makes it alot worse! It seems to be as soon as I go to bed or even twice now it has woken me from sleep. I have done the dreaded google and its said that it can cause stroke and sudden death. realy worried now and would appreciate any advise I hav not seen the doctor yet as I just hate going up there for heatlh anxiety stuff - if thats what it is? I feel so embarrassed.

Thread Information