Thread: Trapped Feelings Start Panic

Trapped Feelings Start Panic

Hi

I would be very greatful for any information you can give me, i have sufferd with Agorophobia/Anxiety for 10 years, which was caused when i was held up by a armed robber. i will never forget that day which i feared for my life and felt trapped. Today, 10 years on i am still suffering with the fear of been trapped, the armed robber got 5 years (but only served 2 years) i get angry to think he is out somewhere enjoying himself and me and my family are still suffering, i cant drive very far, traffic lights, roadworks are a major problem for me as i feel trapped and start to panic, i havent driven out of my own town for alot of years, its not only when i am driving the car i still feel the same when i am a passenger in a car. At one stage i was Agorophobic and didnt leave my home for nearly 2 years, but with help from councilling and CBT and a good family i can now drive into my local town and do the shopping, go to the post office and the bank, i am very pleased with the progress i have made, i do have setbacks, but i have learnt not to let them get me down, tommorrow is another day!. At the moment i am concentrating on breathing exersices for my driving but to be honest the fear of been trapped takes over the breathing and i start to panic and come home. I would be very greatful for any help.

Thankyou

Andrea

hi andrea!

the same thing happened to me last year, when robbers broke into our house. and my brother and i were in the house. i too was scared for my life. it is a terrifing experience to go through.

but you are doing well and your on the rite track.

so hang in there and stay positive.

willyx

hi andrea sorry for what youve gone through it must have been terrible.you are making progress no matter how small it seems.i too am agraphobic and im trying to do little bits each day.i think your going in the right direction and you should give yourself credit.keep doing the breathing as it will help .im learning to do my proper breathing and it is helping.you are doing great keep going.remember your not alone. marciaxx

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

I have exact same thing. I am ok on roads that are free and moving butd badly

Asher

Andrea

Well done for making that progress. You have memories and feelings to overcome and you are slowly getting there. You with your CBT help are doing a good job and steady does it to make it lasting progress.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thread Information