Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please help me im scared

please help me im scared

i found this site thru google when i searched for signs of tingling etc etc...
    i then went on to look at stroke symptoms and I have now convinced myself that im having one..
    i read all about numb left arms etc etc and now its happening. i dont know if its my imagination or not but im really scared by it.
    i've felt a bit weak the last few days, quite tired and im linking all this to the tingling and coming up with stroke symptoms...
    the more i look into it the more symptoms i get, please tell me this happens to others too???
    i didnt feel anywhere near this bad until i started reading up on symptoms and stuff, i only had tingling in my hands and face and now i think i possibly have every single sign of an impending heart attack or stroke and im so close to going to the E.R
    i can also feel a panic attack coming on... i hate being like this,its scaring me now...

Re: please help me im scared

sending huge ((((((((( Hugs))))))))))))) im going through similar at the moment with dizziness and aches in my neck and arms and shoulders

just letting you know your not alone with this awful thing :( it is so much worse when yuo read something you can feel everything coming on and feel all hot and scared, try NOT to google it is the worst thing you can do,

hope you feel better soon, have you been to docs?? xxx

I honestly think if you were having a stroke you wouldn't be sat at the computer the more you think about a symptom, the worse it gets honest - and your thoughts start to run away with you.. The best thing to do is distraction - read a book, watch tv etc.. If you think you're having a heart attack - run up and down the stairs and you'll realise you're fine; if that makes sense, it works for me! Panic attacks are awful but you can beat them - I was taking them every day for two/three weeks BUT in the last two days managed to go to the dentist (half an hour on bus) and then to the hospital (an hour on a bus) by myself - I dare say if I can slowly beat this, you can too

And don't google!!
    - What you fear in your head is not always true -
    I may take some time to reply to PMs/Messages but I will do it eventually, promise

i have been going to the drs for years but they have resigned to the fact that this is who i am...
    im now begging for therapy or something because im getting worse.
    im honestly convinced im having a stroke- i suffered anemia when i was pregnant and i convinced myself it was cancer- i now have those symptoms back again and along side everything else im utterly convinced im going to die.
    i can feel my blood pressure rising, ive got a headache.... :( im scared to death!

Hi there

Everything you are describing are classic signs of anxiety.

By reading health issues on line, you are feeding your brain with symptoms which your body can mimic which is why you are beginning to feel worse than you originally did.

Anxiety can present itself in so many different ways both pysically and mantally.

I honestly don't think you are having a stroke
    Try to distract yourself from thinking about these symptoms hun.

Lisa
    xxx

Are you on medication?your not having a stroke your ok.Iknow you dont feel it but as stated you wouldnt be sat typing whilst having a stroke.Do you have someone you can talk to at home to give you support ?

im not on meds, i chose not too because im scared how it will affect me. i have 2 children and i wanna be the best i possibly can and avoid medication.
    ive nobody to talk too because like my drs, theyve all got "use" to me :(
    how many people on here are on meds, i'd like to know how it affects them.

Hello Jeanine. It can be terrifying when you are so worried about something.. But all the symptoms you have described are also anxiety symptoms. If you were having a stroke theres no way you would have been sat typing. So I bet your just having silly anxiety symptoms. Huge hugs

Hello Jeanine. It can be terrifying when you are so worried about something.. But all the symptoms you have described are also anxiety symptoms. If you were having a stroke theres no way you would have been sat typing. So I bet your just having silly anxiety symptoms. Huge hugs

Heres a strange thing. I rad your symptoms and I had all of those. The difference is I didn't get stroke on my google search, I got something else.

The problem is not the symptom or sensation, but the way we think about it (toxic thoughts they call it at CBT)

The link between us is this website...so I am guessing we both suffer from anxiety and you are not having a stroke....omg I am so good at seeing other people are anxious...y cant I see it myself lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information