Thread: Weight loss

Weight loss

Hi guys,

I stopped taking my anti anxiety medication (sertraline) a few of months ago and as a result of that and my health worries I had a bit of a breakdown. I didn't eat or sleep properly for about a week and I had terrible anxiety and panic for about 3 weeks. Also I was physically unwell with a couple of viruses :( I was put back on sertraline about 5 weeks ago and am feeling a little better. I am still anxious and tense a lot of the time but I can now sleep and I'm eating normally.

The problem is I've lost weight and it's really worrying me. I haven't weighed myself because I'm too scared but I have probably lost around a stone as my trousers are baggy around the waist and bum :( I shouldve put it back on by now!!!! My boyfriend doesnt think I've lost any weight and my Mum thinks I have probably only lost a little bit. I'm not convinced though. Is anyone else experiencing this? I hate being so skinny!

Moonlight X

Re: Weight loss

hiiiiii moonlight....i have lost so much weight...for me the high anxiety and being in a state of panic makes me not want to eat...hence the sudden weight loss...my normal weight was 7 stone 9 lbs and i dread to think wot i am....i have gone down two sizes in clothes...i dare not weigh myself.

yesterday on advice from people here i have purchased "complan"...its not that nice i must admit but it has all the nutriants that one needs.

for me....i tend to eat more in the evenings when my anxiety/panic has lessened...i havent made a proper meal in months....but i do for my hubby and daughter....so wish i could eat a meal with them...but i just cannot.

you know wot...once we have got more control we will get back to eating....maybe as i said purchase some "complan"....i am going to make myself some up shortly.

let me know how you get on xxxx as i said i think its, well i know for me.....its the problems we are having....but someone on here might be able to offer some more advice xxxxx

go by how your clothes fit your know better if you lost any and how much

Is normal to lose weight with anxiety, unfortunatley I don't like to conform to the norm so I've put on nearly 5 pounds in 6 months! ;( Sounds like you had a rough time of it so I'm not suprised you lost weight! It will come back gradually! It's probably already coming back but you just havn't noticed yet.

Your bf probably doesnt think you lost weight because he sees you everyday and you don't notice weight loss/increase as much if you see the person all the time. My sister lost A LOT of weight and I didn't notice til she went away for a week and came back haha!

Hope you feel better soon xxx

Thanks guys. I am eating pretty well now although I don't eat very much lunch usually and I have never eat breakfast. I went to stay with my Mum for a bit a couple of weeks ago and put some weight on then...it's come off again though. I've always had problems getting weight back on after losing it and when I look back at other anxious patches I've been through in my life I do always seem to lose weight. It's just scaring me this time though because I worry about HIV and cancer.

Moonlight X

Thread Information