Does anyone else ever feel really bad about needing medications? It scares me that I need antidepressants. I've been gradually reducing my dose of sertraline due to side effects and a feeling of "maybe I don't need this much any more" but now I'm back on 50mg a day and I feel like crying all the time. I feel like the 'real me' underneath all the medication is a mess, an empty shell that can't function.

I am also on 30mg lansoprazole for acid reflux, coming up to 2 years on that, and I still have reflux problems. I can't eat for at least half an hour after waking up and taking it. It feels tedious, my daily routine, taking sertraline, lansoprazole, mebeverine and loratadine every morning as soon as I wake up. Sometimes I just want to be a 'normal' 22 year old and jump out of bed and get on with the day.

I can't sleep without the help of medication either. I have 3 different types of sleeping pill and I try not to use them but I need one at least every other day. If I don't sleep enough I feel sick and panicky and awful.

I want the old me back, or to be someone else who 'works', I'm so fed up.

Just wanted to vent that, see if anyone else feels the same. I am aware that there are people on more medication and in worse situations. But I am stuck being me and I see other people my age staying up all night drinking and I can't enjoy any of it and I'm fed up.