Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone elses senses change????? so scared :(

Does anyone elses senses change????? so scared :(

I get this badly quite alot and its a symptom of stroke apparently...

I sometimes touch things and the feel like 'weird' in my hands, like they r over-sensitive and the object im holding doesnt feel like it normall does. im like overl aware of the item and how it feels, my sense of touch just goes really funny sometimes and it can honestly last hours :(

Also, my visual perception changes, like everything is either far away or tunnel like or really strange to look at, almost as if it wasnt real or i was looking at everything through a fishtank, or that what im looking at isnt really normal. It freaks me out sometimes coz i can be talking to a friend and all of a sudden everything will go weird. Like everythjing around me will look and feel different. The sense of touch is very strong and very scary too. I get it5 all the time and it really worries me that i have MS or n impending stroke :(

Im getting an echocardiogram soon, as i convinced my cardiologist that an ECG is not enough to prove to me that im fine.. even though i know that once i get the all clear (if i do) then il prob want an MRI to prove i havent got MS, or some other brain disease. Ive had CT scan and it was normal but i know that CT scans only show tissue (tumours etc) it doesnt actually show brain disease.infection/.strokes etc etc.... ive had normal blood tests and normal chest xray, so so far so good. But i have sooooooo many nasty horrible symptoms that i have totally CONVINCED MYSELF that i have a horrible brain disease or heart problem. Hope i dont though, i have a 2 year old! x

Any help/experiences/advice much appreciated xx

**** He who fears something gives it power over him.- Moorish proverb ****

**** You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. - Dale Carnegie ****

Re: Does anyone elses senses change????? so scared :(

Hi there, it sounds like a very anxious time for you. Good news about your ecg though. Heightened anxiety causes all the symptoms you describe, many people on here get them. Have you read the threads on the left about coping with panic and anxiety? Im sure it will offer you some sense of comfort and reassurance. Hope you feel better soon x

thanks, just that ive never heard of anyones sense of touch or sight change so im worried a bit. was taken to hosp in ambulance the other day as i was just sat there having a laugh with my partner and just lost all feeling in my right arm, it was terrifying :(

xx

**** You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. - Dale Carnegie ****

they didnt find anything but gotta get referred to a neurologist x

my hospital usually send me home saying your fine....so its great that you've reffered at least. One doctor actually told me my agonising chest pain that caused me to phone an ambulance was because i ate too much chocolate lol I havent ate chocolate for 3 years. Sorry about the rant I do get changes to a degree too yes usually in my hands and right arm,sometimes they go completly numb but I do truly believe it is anxiety

At the worst of my anxiety, all my senses were heightened - hearing and smell especially. My GP explained to me that it's the adrenalin "fight or flight" where your body reacts to danger/or perceived danger in the case of anxiety. The body reacts in the same way regardless of the threat.

Hopefully, all the tests will reasssure you and you can overcome the worry.

ne1 else??????????????????????????????

Hi crazyhayz,

I’m sorry you’re struggling with this at the moment, but I think Hazel has the answer you need. And it makes perfect sense once you understand what anxiety and panic are really about. They make a person more alert and aware when faced with an uncertain situation, and get them ready to ‘fight or flee’ when faced with a real threat. So in those situations it’s an advantage to have all the senses heightened, just in case.

Even the ‘tunnel vision’ thing. If there really was something nasty lurking in the bushes, really focusing on that bush and excluding all the other distracting sights around might just save your life.

But, as Hazel says, the problem starts when the perceived danger isn’t real. That’s when a persons can stop and think about all those new strange sensations and start to worry about them, keeping the anxiety going.

It’s always good to get these things checked out medically just for the reassurance, but I don’t think there will be anything to worry about

Take care,
    Nigel

My arms legs hands and feet go numb my eyesight goes blurry

my symptom of things feeling weird/strange when i hold them is rly freaking me out. i hope its anxiety but doesnt sound like ne1s ever had this :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information