Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello 1st Post!

Re: Hello 1st Post!

No worries, I'm hoping the beta blockers are temporary as I'm scared I'll get to rely on them and not learn how to calm down.
    I can't help but lose weight with the gallstone, if I eat fat the pain is awful, I'd rather have my wisdom teeth out again! I've lost almost 2 stones, I was overweight but would not wish the pain/anxiety diet on anyone!

I'm wondering if the pain interrupts my sleep but it's probably anxiety as well. I'm not scared at all about the op or hospitals, it's the unknown fear in my head that eats away, telling me it's terminal etc, we all know the feeling. I have to be rational and tell myself that it was brought on by not grieving fully and I must be kind to myself, this support site is a real comfort as it helps know you're not going mad!

Hello and welcome to the forum x x

Hi Fly away Katie - thanks so much for the welcome

Oh Hazel that sounds awful - my gallstone pain hasn't been too bad really so I was surprised that I had a bunch of them in there *eek* but yeah I've lost weight by not eating my favourite thing - cheese because it set them off :(

Hopefully we'll work our way through the physical and the panic.

You must have read my mind! I love cheese and haven't had any for months! I buy low fat "Philly" but it's no substitute!

I'm right with you on both counts, no appointment for my gallstone yet but I'm fighting the anxiety. Once I accepted that the bereavement and stress was the problem, I felt such relief and a desire to get well.

Take care x

I think it's the acceptance of the grief hitting me that I need to remind myself of. I seem to bottle things up without realising I'm doing it and now the effect of losing both my parents so close together is starting to show.

I found the gallstones really worrying at times because my mind runs into thinking it's affecting my liver etc when I know if I get pain then it's because I've eaten something to trigger it! Cheese was always my treat - oops lol. x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information