Thread: blurry vision, dizziness

blurry vision, dizziness

Hi,

I'm not sure what the posting etiquette is on these forums but i'll start with a little background on myself:

I'm 31, male, and started having what was explained as panic attacks on March 10th a few days after witnessing a colleague have a grand mal seizure. It completely freaked me out.

The attacks have gradually subsided; but today on my way into work i experienced blurry vision and dizziness and a very real sensation that i was about to pass out, i didn't (which is good), but my legs went weak and i panicked.

I have recently had laser eye surgery, and so this could explain the blurry vision and then my mind building that experience into a panic attack, but when i normally have blurry vision if i squint i can see normally, but not today.

Naturally i am very concerned and will be going to see my Doctor tomorrow morning, but i am wondering if anyone else has experience something similar?

Thanks very much in advance for the help/comments.

Rich.

Sorry forgot to mention that i've had all the usual blood tests, holter monitor and ECG checks and they came back as very normal and, to quote, "you have an enviable heart" which pleased me no end as you might imagine.
    Last edited by rich10; 28-09-10 at 10:45. Reason: extra info

Re: blurry vision, dizziness

Hi Rich

First to the site.

That does sound similar to when i have a panic attack and also they are all signs of anxiety.

You say you have had the blood tests etc so it does sound like its the panic.

Let us know how you get on at the doctors tomorrow

love mandie x

Thanks very much for the reply; i will definitely update this thread with what the Doctor advises.

I feel like i want to request an MRI scan just to rule out a worst case scenario, but don't really want to appear like a patient chasing answers.

I hope it is just a panic attack, it all started after a very uneventful train journey in, my eyes went blurry and i began to build up scenarios in my head.

I had this impression that i was invincible before any of this happened, i am rarely ill, very healthy...shows what i know

Thanks again, Rich.

does your vision just go blurry while your having a panic attack?

It does yes.

Vision and dizziness then followed by palpitations.

Ok, so i didn't go to the doctors on Wednesday, i thought i would face up to it and carry on as normal with my walks into work.

I had a bad case of it this morning though; vision went very blurry and i kept imagining that passing out was inevitable...but i didn't and i made it into work.

I still had all the regular symptoms: dizziness, blurry vision, massive sense of not being me...but nothing happened, and this pleases me.

Hi Rich and a belated welcome I get blurred vision, falling vertigo sensations etc. Its frightening, but I learnt to accept it as part of anxiety, knowing its not serious and wont harm me. Its not a nice feeling, to say the least, but you can learn to live with it. I hope you are doing ok x Paula

Hi Rich
    All you symptoms are part of anxiety, I have the dizziness and blurred vision regularly even when I am not panicing and have seen 4 Doctors who said is all anxiety and it must not be as anything serious as it woudn't go away. I find when I have blurred vision I put my sunglasses on this stops my from noticing it so much.

Hi Kerry,

5 hours after I have been in work and the blurred vision finally clears up...i go outside and i can feel it returning. It's more annoying than anything else.

Thanks for your comments, appreciated.

Hi rich
    I get this aswell and does appear to be symptom of anxiety, ive just run round morrisons shop and glad to get out, get these feelings in there, not nice at all.
    tc steve

Thread Information