Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chest Xray, Bloods and im in bits

Chest Xray, Bloods and im in bits

Sorry to bother you all again, i feel like a blooming pest.

For 2 months ive been having shoulder pain and collar bone and chest aches.
    Have convinced myself its my heart, but doctor seems to thinks its tension as im holding myself so tight, arms by by side and hunched as if im preventing a heart attack. If i try to stretch my chest feels tight and uncomfortable.

Anyway I had bloods and a chest Xray done, just got the results....... all bloods are normal except non fasting glucose 7.1

Chest xray clear.........Im sitting here crying, still worried its my heart, convinced myself that as a smoker it was lung cancer!!!!
    my recent cholestrol is 6.2 and last week at doctors my bp was 136/93 (but i was very upset at the time)
    When i try to sit upright and relax my shoulders my back really aches.

Im in bits at the moment, started CBT yesterday but its so expensive, so dont know how long i can keep that up.
    This is ruining my life, my poor hubby I dont know how he can bear to live with me, i just want to be alone, pref asleep.

Sorry guys Im sure you all have your own problems and dont need to listen to mine.
    Take care Tracie xxxx

Re: Chest Xray, Bloods and im in bits

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I don't need to tell you that all your "symptoms" are anxiety-related, I know that doesn't help when in the throes of a health anxiety episode.

Have you tried medication? I normally take an SSRI, fluoxetine (Prozac) and it works wonders with obsessive thoughts. I went off of it in March after finding out I was pregnant, big mistake, as my symptoms have flared up and now I'm convinced I have melanoma and am anxiously awaiting my biopsy results.

Well it certainly does sound like tension to me.

Why not spend some money on a massage and see if that helps.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for your replies

Ive been up for a bath to try and relax and washed my hair, now im so shattered my arms are like lead and aching, cant even blow dry my hair.
    Wish this panic would go, every ache, pain or twinge makes me feel like im having a heart attack. Cthy i do hope your results are ok, as im sure they will be.

Nicola Thank you for replying, I realise you know a lot about hearts, so i really value your comments.

xxxxxxx

Ok. A quick update!!!
    Doc has given me amitriptyline 10mg to take at night as well as sertaline.
    The aches have shifted to the centre of my chest, not a pain just a feeling, I'm so tense still holding my arms tight as if to prevent something. Why can't I accept what the docs are telling me?
    Got a lump in my throat when I swAllow, I'm so scared to exert myself.
    I'm sure I'm losing my mind!!!!
    Thanks for listening xxxxx

Hi Tracey, Im to having chest tightness and feel the sensations in my chest, was also told anxiety try to relax my arms and shoulders but still tight, Im also scared to exert myself as when my heart starts beating faster my chest feels more tight, its awful, Ive just been trying to distract myself from the feelings xx

Oh angels
    isn't it awful? I'm even scared to Hoover up!!! I've had years of panic and health anxiety, but never this!!!!
    The other evening I had a few glasses of wine and it all disappeared. But I ended up drunk then threw up!!!!!
    Does anyone know how long this lasts for???
    How on earth can I relax my shoulders and chest?
    Thanx again xxxx

Hello Im the same with the hoovering and even carrying any heavy washing baskets upstairs its terrible, it shows us though when you had the glass of wine the tension went this shows us its anxiety. I do not no how to relax the chest that is a difficult one feels like I have a mini elephant sat on my chest and ribs. I have also had anxiety for many years but this is pretty new to me too. Julie xx

hi tracie,
    What a vicious circle this creates for us all, it's truly horrible. I've managed to not worry about the chest pain anymore, I've had x-rays, bloods etc, my fasting glucose was 8.1 and my cholesterol was about 7.6 (ratio not total) or something, the way I look at it with the chest pains is this. if you were to exert your muscles in your leg for instance, like doing lots of tip toe stand and down, to strengthen your calf muscles, or lots of cycling, then afterwards, even the day afterwards, those muscles will ache, as they are not used to being used in that way. When we are anxious and especially if it is around palpitations or heart racing, we tend to auto hunch (well at least I do) tensing our muscles in our chest to protect it, now if you do that for a few hours due to an anxiety attack, then when you do start to relax, those muscles are going to start aching and hurting, but because they are in your chest, you automatically think, heart! Relaxation and acceptance with anxiety is the best way, your heart can take a lot more than a panic attack can throw at it. The only problem I have to overcome now, is the fluttery nervous weak feeling in my left chest, once I can understand that, I think the anxiety will be a long way to being beaten for me. Good luck and try not to worry Btw, chest x-rays would pick up lung cancer, so if yours is clear then you don't have it. I'm a smoker too, so I know how you feel on that score.
    Russ

Thanks everyone for replying, it really helps. Just been and had fasting bloods done for sugar and cholestrol, nurse then did my bp omg it was 148/93.
    Had a awful nights sleep last night with chest twinges.
    I'm trying my hardest to stay panic free today(not easy).
    I know I need to exercise to get my heart rate up but I feel like I'm bringing on a panic attack when I do.
    When will this stop???? I just want to be Normal like everyone else
    thanks again. Tracie xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information