Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lumpy cervix

lumpy cervix

hi i have read that the cervix is supose to be smooth but i have what feel like lumps on mine right on the tip of my cervix its bumpy and uneven as anyone else got this imup to date with my smear ive also had the marina coil out 2 weeks ago after 4 months because it didnt suit me could it be somathing to do with that

Re: lumpy cervix

Can I ask why you are feeling your cervix? I am not sure I have ever felt mine to be honest. In fact I don't think I could even reach it to feel it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Nic took the words right out of my mouth! How on earth can you feel that?

Lisa

*shivers* I don't think you should be feeling that.. its probably meant to be lumpy lol x

Very kindly, I'd say that you should try, difficult though it is, NOT to check everywhere for lumps n bumps because you'll be bound to find some. Also, poking and prodding will actually encourage lumps to become more prominent. I know health anxiety is awful, but honestly, it's so easy to wind yourself up by constantly checking. We've all got lumps n bumps (gosh, I've got my fair share!), but they are perfectly harmless. x

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Can I ask why you are feeling your cervix? I am not sure I have ever felt mine to be honest. In fact I don't think I could even reach it to feel it.
    lol....

Sorry I don't mean to laugh hun, it's just I've never felt mine either and would be hard pushed to make it out if I could!

I was wondering if you are SURE you are feeling your cervix and not the wall of your vagina as that IS bumpy and ridged (also known as the G spot ladies!!)....

It just occured to me when you mentioned bumpy and uneven.

if you have the coil you have to feel for strings and if you cant feel them you have to feel for the opening in your cervix to feel for the strings because they can tucked away behind thats why the dr told me how and i have a low cervix and this is how i found the lumps

I don't think you're odd, I understand. What I will say is that a while back I had a pimple on there and it did dissapear eventually. If you are up to date with your smears then I wouldn't worry too much. I am pretty sure when I felt mine I did a bit of google research as you shouldn't do and found an article on this very thing and there was a name for them and they were normal. If they are still there in say a month's time then go and see the Dr just to check but I recon it will probably dissapear of its own accord.

thankyou dodo for your reply i felt a little bit of a freak for noticing the lumps i think your talking about a nabothian cyst i think they are called and that did cross my mind im sure i have felt this before but i had other health worries on my mind then and with me they have to get in the queue lol thanks again x

Try not to poke and prod it. The skin is very delicate and you could give yourself an infection.
    As for the lumps and bump. Close your eyes and run your fingers across a mole or spot on your skin. It will feel massive in comparison to its actual size. Im sure whateve youve got inside is small in comparison to what you think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information