Thread: Swollen lymph nodes in neck

Swollen lymph nodes in neck

Hi All
    My wife has been suffering since Sunday with pain around her jaw and she had trouble opening her mouth wide, she went to the dentist on Tuesday as she thought the problem was a wisdom tooth as she said she could feel a lump at the back of her mouth.

Anyway she went to the dentists who didnt do much mainly because she couldnt open her mouth wide enough for an x-ray so they gave her pain killers and antibiotics. She was told to return today.

She went back today and nothing is showing on the x-ray (ie. infection or anything) but they told her she had swollen lymph glands doen the side of her face, they have asked her to go back again on Tuesday (god knows what for!)

She is absolutely fine in herself and has no other symptoms apart from this, she is 27 and in good health, naturally I am a big worrier so am more concerned than she is! but on the plus side it stops me worrying about myself!

Should I be worried for her??
    Thanks

Re: Swollen lymph nodes in neck

obviously not lol

Does the dentist think she has an infection around her wisdom tooth then? Bless her, that sounds so uncomfortable! Is she managing to eat ok, she'll need to keep her strength up, chicken broth is good for that.

Wisdom tooth removal is a common procedure nowadays, but they won't probably do it until they clear the infection and can look inside to confirm the cause.

Of course you'll be worried, has it got any better now?

Long sufferer of health anxiety but *shush* it's a secret! Adverse to meds.

"Getting information off the internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant" (Mitchell Kapor)

Can infection in the teeth cause inflamed glands?
    I've got a tooth that I broke on something hard and then the inside has fallen out and yesterday the outer shell started falling out and the inside is all black and bleeds :/

Any infection can cause your glands to raise as your immune system starts fighting it off.

I'm sure a dentist can help you MC, why don't you give them a call. There are emergency numbers you can call for an out of hours dentist if you are in a lot of pain x

Long sufferer of health anxiety but *shush* it's a secret! Adverse to meds.

"Getting information off the internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant" (Mitchell Kapor)

Well it doesn't cause me that much pain and I HATE dentists, had a horrible experience once, I was just going to leave it to all just fall out but I know this can cause other teeth to become bad aswel :/ Hm.
    Thanks.
    x

Thread Information