Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: More convinced than ever before that I have MS

Re: More convinced than ever before that I have MS

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel View Post
    If it helps anyone, please don't forget that MS is really quite a rare condition - even if you have family members who have it (meaning your own risk of getting it is increased), the chances of developing it are still one in many, many thousands.

My dad had a severe form of MS - it started off as relapsing-remitting, then it developed into the type that progresses rapidly, and within 2 years of diagnosis, he never walked again.

Honestly, don't think yourselves into this stuff; the chances of actually having it are remote and you're tormenting your own minds with the thought. I grew up with the fear of MS because of my dad having it, so I do know how you feel.
    Very sorry to hear about your dad. I have to be honest, your post scared me abit. Only because i believe i am suffering from the primary progressive type. I just really want to be referred to a neuro and get the diagnosis over with!

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

You don't have the symptoms of PPMS which, incidentally, according the MS Society is "usually diagnosed in people in their forties or fifties". Take care and hope you have made doc appointment x

Quote Originally Posted by GirlAfraid23 View Post
    Very sorry to hear about your dad. I have to be honest, your post scared me abit. Only because i believe i am suffering from the primary progressive type. I just really want to be referred to a neuro and get the diagnosis over with!
    Have you seen a doctor about it?
    Is it constant or does it come and go?
    Are you still able to get on with normal everyday things?
    Have you tried just forgetting about it for an hour and getting on with something and trying to distract your thoughts every time they go back to thinking about it?

Quote Originally Posted by GirlAfraid23 View Post
    Okay so this time I KNOW I have MS.

List of symptoms:

Tiredness around the middle of the day 2pm and I always end up falling asleep
    Severe itching of the skin - all the time
    Burning skin
    Tingling in my hands and feet
    Always getting ill i.e. a cold/sore throat etc
    Crawling feeling on my scalp
    The feeling of water being thrown over me
    Drips of water on my hands and feets when there is nothing there
    Slight depersonalisation

Itching is my main symptom along with burning of my skin.
    I am driving myself insane, this is an awful symptom to live with. The only thing I can think that is wrong is MS!
    I dont know how to be taken seriously by those around me and the doctor

Have you thought about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? I am having the exact same symptoms of not more, like muscle twitching and real tiredness and muscle aching after slight exertion and have convinced myself of MS or MND, so much to the point I am not living anymore just getting through the symptoms! But an alternative therapist now has also pointed me in the area of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia??? and I was suprised how many of the symptoms are the same. I am going to my GP on Monday to discuss this with him. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieD View Post
    Have you thought about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? I am having the exact same symptoms of not more, like muscle twitching and real tiredness and muscle aching after slight exertion and have convinced myself of MS or MND, so much to the point I am not living anymore just getting through the symptoms! But an alternative therapist now has also pointed me in the area of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia??? and I was suprised how many of the symptoms are the same. I am going to my GP on Monday to discuss this with him. Hope this helps.
    I too have considered CFS and Fibro, what causes these things to occur in our bodies?
    I've heard they're really hard to diagnose.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information