Thread: The symptoms for oeshophoegal cancer and Acid related throat problems are the same

The symptoms for oeshophoegal cancer and Acid related throat problems are the same

Does this ever worry anyone else? It worries me something awful as pretty much all of the symptoms for both are the same and I've been getting them quite badly....
    "You are trying to do all the right things, just don't "battle" it out. Try and carry on with normal day to day things and don't shrink from your anxiety. Remember that's it's acceptance that brings recovery. If you've been in a bad place for so long then old habits die hard, but they do die."

Re: The symptoms for oeshophoegal cancer and Acid related throat problems are the sam

Hi ZMan
    I have was diagnosed as having GORD (Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) over 7 years ago and have been troubled with symptoms on & off during this time. I've had many tests including endoscopies and scans and yes, I worry about it. It kicked off for me after my second pregancy - I had rotten heartburn during both of them and I think being pregnant may have weakened the valve at the top of my stomach, causing reflux.
    Are your symptoms worse when you feel anxious? I know from experience that emotional stress can make things worse.

You're not a failure if you don't make it. You're a success because you tried.

Re: The symptoms for oeshophoegal cancer and Acid related throat problems are the sam

Had a dotor's appointment today, as always my doctor was fantastic. Said it may be H. Pylori and I've been put in for blood tests regarding that next week, I also have been referred to an ENT at hospital so they can look into the situation further for me.
    "You are trying to do all the right things, just don't "battle" it out. Try and carry on with normal day to day things and don't shrink from your anxiety. Remember that's it's acceptance that brings recovery. If you've been in a bad place for so long then old habits die hard, but they do die."

Thread Information