Thread: weird muscle spasm twitch thing

weird muscle spasm twitch thing

hi all i posted the below post a while back & just wondered if anyone else has them as i have had 1 everyday this week so far & im convinced its MS

Since 30th May 2009 i have had a weird / scary as hell spasm / twitch that lasts for a split second. It runs across my boob to my under arm to half way down. It is terrifing as its so sudden and strong. It feels exactly like i have been flicked or hit with elastic. Its always in my right chest / arm & never in my left. It doesnt hurt at all & happens at least once a day.

I have a crippling fear of MS & i am terrified this is the start, as its been going on so long do you think if it was MS it would have showed up by now??

Why does this keep happening & why in the same spot. if it was MS would it be a massive thing happened not a random thing happening once a day for a split second

Im so very scared :( x

Re: weird muscle spasm twitch thing

One big thing to remember with ms is that you will lose function of the muscles. I know a couple of people with it and they both started with problems with their eyes as in the optical nerve so had sudden severe double vision or blurred vision and they also had problems walking one of them would lose the use of her leg for a few seconds and fall over or drag her leg but it was def loss of muscle function.

I get similar thing in my thigh muscle always left one??? its a sudden flick of muscle spasm that is not painful but feels weird. I think its same family as the nerve twitching and feel it is just a bigger version of this but instead of it happening multiple times like twiching eyelid it just happens the once.

I have had this for at least 30 yrs and i still don't have ms.

One thing I have noticed I read that lack of magnesium in your diet can cause the muscle twitching and I started a magnesium supplement a few months ago and have not had the twitching so maybe something in this.

thank you, i will look in to magnesium suppliments x

hello tash i have exactly the same as you quite violent sometimes it started when i started taking cipralex and has continued since i have quite a few of these in a day but at night in bed they can wake me up

thanks all, i was having a lovely day today & itr happened when i was laughing. Ruined my day :( x

If you are prone to twitch in a certain muscle then using that muscle can cause it to twitch immediately afterwards. I get twitches periodically and had a twitch that would come on by a rib. When I breathed in it would stop and then on breathing out it would twitch again. Also if I tensed the muscle at the side of my hand and relaxed, the muscle would twitch very slowly in and out. I was very scared about it, but had a full clinical exam, NCV and ENG tests and all were normal. Twitching is almost always benign, especially when there is no weakness. ...and stress makes it worse.

One twitch a day is absolutely normal.

Im having such a bad day :( this spasm has happened 5 times & i just feel like crying. This isnt a normal twitch like you get in your muscle of eyelid its a very sharp sudden flick but its very strong, it doesnt cause my arm to move but i can feel it. Im so very scared its MS

its been 18months now it must be bad if its not going away :(

can anyone help me with this :( im so worried. I had one yesterday & i just cant beieve its nothing :(

God after reading one of these replies I am even more convinced I have MS. I am having trouble with my legs and have just started to have to wear glasses when I've had perfect eyesight before.

Thread Information