Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attempting Sert again... Sooo scared it will happen again

Exclamation Attempting Sert again... Sooo scared it will happen again

Hey guys...
    After the horrendous week last week with sert i am to attempt it again today by my doctor...
    I only took sert for 2 days last week and i pressume where i my anxiety went through the roof i had the most awful panic attacks... with a new sympton... shakey hot burning hands, esp the right one.... cold tingles all over my body... it was positivley terrible... i really really thought i was going to die
    sooo. she told me to stop taking sert took my blood pressure/blood sugar/heart rate and listened to my heart all was fine and has given me diazapan to take half am and half pm from fri til today...
    Today i am to take half diaz and half a sert... so 25mg instead of the whole 50mg tab , as you can imagine i am worried to death.... i can feel myself getting anxious and have a pounding heart and my hands are going funny again... i wake up every morning feeling anxious with rapid heart rate etc.. but that normally passes after a week and then comes back after a few months and vice versa.... needless to say... so far this morning i have only taken the half diazapan.... just looking at the sertraline tablet box fills me with dread....
    my doctor, partner and just abt everyone else keeps on saying you MUST take the tablet.... but im so worried... maybe when this bit of diaz kicks in i will.... but then tomo ive got to take half the sert and no diaz.. OMG....
    on a good note have a app with my doctor on weds and she said if im not happy she will change me to something else... im so frightened the same thing will happen again like last week...
    my mind keeps telling me there is something in the sert that im allergic too, and if i take this tab ill be a goner and the first time was just a warning... bloodt anxiety ....
    wish me luck.... or any advice or just anything really xxx

could do with a right now...... xxxxxx
    Carls xxx

Re: Attempting Sert again... Sooo scared it will happen again

To late.... ive taken the half a sert with half a diaz.... i just had to do it, the thought was in my head and i did it.... surely it cant and wont harm me.... bloody hells bells boohoo !!!
    tomo will be the major one... sert and no diaz... Hmmmm.... i MUST trust me doctor... she is so positive with me and has reassured me many times il be ok....
    xxxx

Carly, I take Sertraline, and it has taken a couple of months for it to kick in properly.

With your GP as back-up, you will be ok. He/She will certainly ensure that your meds are changed if you continue to get bad side effects.

See how things go...

Take care,

Sue x

Current Medication: Propranolol; Depakote; Sertraline; Pregabalin; Zopiclone.

Good on you, taking the tablet I know how scary it can be.

What iv found and what many people on this site will tell you is when first starting meds your anxiety is likely to increase until the meds settle into your system. If you can get through that the meds are worth sticking with.

I started cipralex 3 days ago and my anxiety is through the roof. I feel so ill. But I'm going to try keep goin because I know in the long run I will feel better. Good luck hun I know its hard starting meds so if you ever need to chat I'm here x good luck x

well done you for taking the meds, i remember how it felt when i took my first diazepam, oh my gosh, the feelings were awefull, but i am so glad i did it.

It also took a while for me to settle on the sert, and all the bother of getting the right dose for me

i still have my bad days, but things are so much better now i'm settled on all my meds.

stick with it hun, it is worth it, trust your doctor, and try and stay as positive as possible, i know its sooo difficult, but we are all with you here

Hi Carls, thank you for the PM this morning.
    I agree with everything the previos posters have said really.
    You have to trust that your gp has put you on them to help you hun.
    Lots of people go through side-effects while the body and brain adjust.
    Take your sert..and immediately go off and do something else...........
    I know your anxious, so use everything in your arsenal to help yourself at this time.
    You are taking them even though youre scared, and that tells me you want to get well...so bite the bullet and give it a go...you can do it ok. We have faith in you, maybe you need to have faith in yourself now hun...
    I suspect you are stronger than you know.
    Take care and keep going...keep us posted hun x
    A belated hug for you...

Well done sweetie, and be patient (doh) the long term effects are worth the short term issues.
    I hate the first few weeks of Ad's it can be really scary but ur GP is being brilliant and we are here too.

IT Will be Worth itxxxx

she called this morning to see how i am... i said i was feeling ok... have this pain every now and again in my hand. but i do have a bit of repetative strain injury on that hand from my job... so... when i have my panics it intensifys it i presume... i said to her how many diaz should i take, she said if i feel i need to take half a diaz and half a sert a day til i feel back to normal i can... which has made me feel much better. im seeing her weds so thats good, today hasnt been to bad, tidied the house, did the garden and mowed the lawn lol... I HAVE to keep believeing that if there was something terribly wrong with me i would know abt it... all my blood tests have come back good in the past 2 years... but what im now worrying abt is i always have protein in my urine ??? argh.... and i havent thought abt that in months.... bloody anx!! my son's 2 birthday is in Nov and mine is in Nov ill be 26 argh.... and i start my new job as a carer in Nov... I NEED to be well boohoo xxxx

thank you all so much for your help xxx i really really appriciate it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

love Carls xxxx

Ok... so i am on day 4 of the sertraline attempt part 2... woke up this morning feeling not to bad... even managed to walk to the garage to get a paper and home again beofre i took my sert tab... also i took the smallest amount of diaz i could after trying to make it into 4 pieces... i dont feel anxious... but i do feel just a bit woosey.... i pressume this is a normal side effect ?
    but other than that i dont feel to bad at all....
    also i asked the doctor what she thought this was with my hand pain... she did a couple of tests and said it is mild carpel tunnel syndrome so just need to get a wrist splint for that... im still stressing abt starting my new job on the 9th of nov... i really need to be on the ball with this one as it is to be a carer.... xxxx

Hi Carly, just wondered how you are doing, ive had 3 days of feeling quite normal, nearly 3 weeks on the sertraline hope they are starting to kick in x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information