Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heart beating fast constantly

Question Heart beating fast constantly

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone else suffers from a constantly fast heart beat? for the last 2 weeks from i wake up in the morning until i go to bed at night my heart is going really fast around 100bpm. I have told the doctor but they dont seem to concerned, surely it cant be good to have this for weeks!

Thanks

Alm85

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

Re: Heart beating fast constantly

Mine's not far off that either. Are you taking any meds? Tricyclic and SNRI anti-depressants increase your heart rate. So does being unfit, smoking, feeling anxious.

I told my GP and he said I could have a ECG if I wanted, but he suspected it was my meds.

Not on any meds at the minute, i have tried propranolol 10mg but it gave me a strange creeping feeling in my head that made me feel worse. Is yours constant throughout the day?

interesting about the propananol as Dr has just offered me it for my ectopics and pounding heartbeat but I hate drugs. As I had asthma as a child its a bit risky in case it triggers attack - I have been given 10mg tablet as well. can you describe in a bit more detail how it affected you please

It gave me a feeling like something was crawling over my head in waves, and then i started to get it in my chest, it made me feel more panicky.

The ideal thing would be to stop checking your pulse, as the more you focus on it the more inclined it will be to speed up.
    How old are you?

The only reason I know it's fast is becauseI checked my blood pressure one day (as I was on Effexor and I was told to look out for high blood pressure), and the machine gave a pulse reading, which was 95bpm - which was the same over several months. I don't have Health Anxiety, and to be honest I felt a bit ashamed as I thought it was due to doing no exercise, smoking, plus my meds.

My GP wasn't overly concerned - but is quite happy to send me for an ECG if I want one. I'm intending to get fit and quit the ciggies - and then see if it makes a change. I feel like if I have an ECG now, the dr will just say - well are you surprised it's so high given your lifestyle?!

I couldn't tell you if it's fast on a daily basis, constantly, because I don't think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia View Post
    The only reason I know it's fast is becauseI checked my blood pressure one day (as I was on Effexor and I was told to look out for high blood pressure), and the machine gave a pulse reading, which was 95bpm - which was the same over several months. I don't have Health Anxiety, and to be honest I felt a bit ashamed as I thought it was due to doing no exercise, smoking, plus my meds.

My GP wasn't overly concerned - but is quite happy to send me for an ECG if I want one. I'm intending to get fit and quit the ciggies - and then see if it makes a change. I feel like if I have an ECG now, the dr will just say - well are you surprised it's so high given your lifestyle?!

I couldn't tell you if it's fast on a daily basis, constantly, because I don't think about it.
    Stay that way Dahlia!
    Smoking and generally not getting much exercise will definitely make it faster. When I joined a gym, years ago, my resting pulse was 95. Since going regularly and taking up running it has dropped to 50.

Quote Originally Posted by alicegreen View Post
    Stay that way Dahlia!
    Smoking and generally not getting much exercise will definitely make it faster. When I joined a gym, years ago, my resting pulse was 95. Since going regularly and taking up running it has dropped to 50.
    Oh that makes me feel better, thanks Alice.

I only know its fast because i can feel it in my chest racing like i've just had a work out, it feels lie i've constantly got that butterfly feeling like im worried about something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information